By Audi Media
Herndon, VA – Audi today reported June 2013 sales of 13,706 vehicles, an 8.2% increase over the previous June record set last year and the second best month ever for the brand. June also marks the best first half of any year since Audi began selling cars in the U.S. market, as well as the 30th consecutive month of record Audi U.S. sales. . Year-to-date Audi 2013 sales increased 14% to 74,277 vehicles sold.
“The momentum seen in Audi sales month after month flows from a commitment to advanced products, careful preparation and a steady strategic plan,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “It’s the same formula displayed in our 12th victory at Le Mans last month and the Truth in 24 documentaries on the dominance of Audi endurance racing. This is how Audi functions, and the planning that led to our 30th straight month of record sales serves as a ‘Truth in 30’ moment in our race for U.S. premium car success.”
Audi luxury SUV sales continue to climb, with the Audi Q7 posting a 78.3% gain in June with 1,227 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q5 luxury crossover increased 25.6% to 3,493 vehicles sold for the month. Audi is poised for a full-market launch of the 2014 Q5 TDI and the performance-oriented 2014 SQ5 models later this year.
Sales of the Audi A5 jumped 13.3% over the same period last year to 1,821 vehicles sold for the month, while the Audi A8 flagship sedan posted strong year-over-year sales gains with a 21.6% increase year-to-date.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) increased 19% YTD, representing 31.9% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 42% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
“We’re now entering the second half of the year with solid momentum, sufficient allocation of cars to meet demand and the expectation that 2013 will be our third consecutive year of record results,” Del Rosso said.
· Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 14.5% for the S4 sedan; 32.3% for the S5/ RS 5; 9.6% for the S6; 16.5% for the S7; 14.9% for the S8; 38.7% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster.
· Audi A5 sales up 13.3% compared to June 2012; YTD sales grew 18.8% compared to previous period.
· Sales of Audi A6 increased 8.4% compared to June 2012; YTD sales grew 15.8% compared to previous period.
· Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 25.6% compared to June 2012; YTD sales grew 35.2% compared to previous period.
· Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 78.3% compared to June 2012; YTD sales grew 47.9% compared to previous period.
· Audi sold 576 allroad models in June, bringing YTD sales to 2,747 of the sport wagon.
· Sales mix for Audi A8 TDI finish the month at 10.4%; sales mix for the Audi Q7 TDI finish the month at 25.3%.
· Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 1.6% to 3,399 vehicles in June; YTD increased 4.6% to 19,185 vehicles sold.
- Discussion Forum: AudiWorld Forums