Audi achieves 37th consecutive monthly sales record in January
• Audi Q5, Q7 sales increased 18.3% and 42.6% in January, making up a third of total sales
• Audi R8 vehicles rose 65.3% over the previous mark last year
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales sets 6th consecutive record month
Herndon, VA – Audi reported January 2014 sales of 10,101 vehicles, a 0.4% increase over the previous January record set last year. January stands as the brand’s 37th consecutive month of record sales, making it the longest running monthly record streak in the premium car market.
“Starting off 2014 with a new January sales record is a noteworthy accomplishment as it follows the biggest month and the biggest year in Audi history,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “With the launch of the all-new Audi A3 family this spring and the continued success of our SUVs and TDI models, we anticipate continued success throughout this year.”
January sales results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs compared to year-earlier results, with the Audi Q5 luxury crossover posting an 18.3% gain in January on 2,774 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 42.6% to 1,268 vehicles sold.
Luxury sedan sales remained strong as the Audi A6 increased 17.6% to 1,481 vehicles sold for the month.
There has been high demand for the updated 2014 Audi R8 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus. Audi R8 January sales increased 65.3% versus the previous year.
Audi TDI sales started the year off strong with the addition of three new clean diesel models last year, including the Audi A6 TDI, Audi A7 TDI and Audi Q5 TDI. The Audi Q7 TDI and Q5 TDI – which first went on sale in fall 2013 – lead the models in the TDI mix with 22.9% and 17.4%.
January 2014 was the 6th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 11.2% for the month, to a total of 3,161 vehicles.
• Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 14.9% for the S4 sedan; 36.9% for the S5/ RS 5; 4.9% for the S6; 29.3% for the S7 / RS 7; 15.4% for the S8; 31.9% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 9.7% for the SQ5 crossover.
• Sales of A6 increased to 17.6% compared to January 2013.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 18.3% compared to January 2013.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 42.6% compared to January 2013.
• Audi R8 sales up 65.3% compared to January 2013.
• Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 13.8% to 205 vehicles sold, for the Audi A7 TDI at 11.2% to 70 vehicles, for the A8 TDI to 13.1% to 44 vehicles, the Audi Q5 TDI at 17.4% to 483 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 22.9% to 291 vehicles; with an overall increase of 16.9% to 1,093 total TDI sales for January.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 11.2% to 3,161 vehicles in January.
• The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market this spring.
• Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Jan. ’14 Actual||Jan. ’13 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Jan. ’14 YTD Actual||Jan. ’13 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||10,101||10,056||0.4%||10,101||10,056||0.4%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,161||2,843||11.2%||3,161||2,843||11.2|