Audi achieves best April sales in company history; second highest monthly result ever
- April marks the 40th consecutive record month of sales, with more than 15,000 vehicles sold
– Strong demand for all-new Audi A3, as well as premium segment vehicles, led sales growth
– Audi Certified pre-owned sales set 9th straight monthly record
HERNDON, Va., – Audi reported April 2014 sales of 15,653 vehicles, which stands as the brand’s 40th consecutive month of record monthly sales and second-best month ever. Audi sales year-to-date increased 7.5% to 50,881 vehicles sold.
“The launch of the all-new A3 Sedan gives Audi an even broader product portfolio and the opportunity to reach more luxury buyers in the premium compact segment,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “In its first month of retail sales, the Audi A3 was a top seller in April, with over 2,000 vehicles sold.”
Luxury sedan sales remained strong as the Audi A6 increased 11.9% to 2,132 vehicles sold for the month, while year-to-date demand for the A6 increased 20.5% to 7,568 vehicles sold. Sales of the Audi A7 rose 26.5% in April to 816 vehicles sold, while demand for the A7 increased 7.1% to 2,922 vehicles sold YTD.
April results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q7 luxury crossover posting a 23.6% gain in April on 1,462 units delivered for the month and year-to-date sales increased 35.9% to a total of 5,551 vehicles. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 crossover increased 5.5% YOY.
April 2014 was the 9th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 13.7%, to a total of 3,702 CPO vehicles sold in the most-recent month, and a year-to-date increase of 13.8%.
– Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 15.3% for the S4 sedan; 34.3% for the S5/ RS 5; 4.5% for the S6; 27% for the S7 / RS 7; 9.5% for the S8; 37% for the TTS and TTS Roadster, and 8.6% for the SQ5 crossover.
– Sales of Audi A6 increased to 11.9% compared to April 2013; YTD sales grew 20.5% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi A7 increased 26.5% compared to April 2013; YTD sales grew 7.1% compared to previous period.
– Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 1.6% compared to April 2013; YTD sales grew 5.5% compared to previous period.
– Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 23.6% compared to April 2013; YTD sales grew 35.9% compared to previous period.
– April sales mix for Audi TDI models: Audi A6 TDI at 14.2% on 303 vehicles sold; Audi A7 TDI at 11% on 90 vehicles; A8 TDI at 11.7% on 52 vehicles; Audi Q5 TDI at 16.2% on 532 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 28% on 410 vehicles; with an overall mix of 17% on 1,387 total TDI sales for April.
– Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 13.7% to 3,702 vehicles in April; YTD CPO sales rose 13.8% to 14,016 vehicles sold.
– The all-new 2015 Audi A3 sedan models officially went on sale April 3 with 2,159 vehicles sold in its first month of retail sales.
– Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||April ’14 Actual||April ’13 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||April ’14 YTD Actual||April ’13 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||15,653||13,157||19.0%||50,881||47,343||7.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,702||3,257||13.7%||14,016||12,311||13.8%|