By Audi Media
- The 2014 Audi A8 and Q5 both scored highest in their segments
- Four other models place within the top three, including the 2014 Audi A4, A5, A6 and A7
- Audi scores 64 points above the industry standard
HERNDON, Va., – Audi ranked third among nameplates in the annual J.D. Power APEAL (Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout) Study, achieving two segment awards and multiple top-three finishes among all luxury competitors*. With a total score of 858, Audi also ranked 64 points above the industry standard.
The APEAL Study examines how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive (after 90 days of ownership). New-vehicle owners evaluate their vehicle across 77 attributes, which combine into an overall APEAL score.
“Audi momentum is building year in and year out with cars and technologies that strike emotional chords with premium car buyers,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “This latest strong showing in the APEAL Study confirms our strategy is working.”
The 2014 Audi A8 and Q5 both scored highest in their segments in the 19th annual study, which examines drivers’ evaluation of the performance, design, layout and content of their new vehicles during the first 90 days of ownership. The Audi A8 received the APEAL award for “Large Premium Car” while the Q5 received the award for “Compact Premium SUV.” The A8 luxury flagship sedan delivers exceptional performance, innovation and craftsmanship paired with the legendary quattro® all-wheel drive system, which maximizes handling on nearly any road. With the higher ground clearance of an SUV, the handling of a sport sedan and the cabin of a luxury car, the Audi Q5 combines ideal functionality, performance and efficiency with the handling of the quattro® all-wheel drive system.
Other notable APEAL award distinctions* for 2014 Audi models include:
• Audi A5 and A4 ranked second and third, respectively, within the “Compact Premium Car” segment, where the allroad also ranked sixth
• Audi A7 and A6 ranked second and third, respectively, within the “Midsize Premium Car” segment
• Audi Q7 ranked fifth within the “Midsize Premium SUV” segment
“Audi is committed to providing its customers with a high-quality ownership experience and the results of the 2014 J.D. Power APEAL Study demonstrates that we’re continuing to meet this goal year after year,” said Keogh.