September 7, 2004
ANN ARBOR, MI – Enlighten announced today that it had launched a major website redesign for German luxury automotive marketer, Audi of America. With 83% of Audi buyers using the Internet as part of their car shopping experience and 65% also stating that the website experience itself had a “big impact” on their final purchase decision , audiusa.com was redesigned to proactively convert passive researchers in to convinced buyers. Extensive use of rich media and guided selling techniques are employed to realize this vision.
“The Internet is a decisive shopping tool for Audi buyers,” said Steve Glauberman, CEO of Enlighten. “As broadband adoption climbs past 75% for this savvy group of Internet consumers, expectations continue to rise. We’ve created the latest generation of audiusa.com to act more like an interactive virtual showroom than a simple research library. Making the product experience more emotional and immersive was a key strategy to proactively influence purchase intent.”
- A redesigned homepage with large rich media presentations and an interactive model selector offers consumers product selection assistance along with MSRP pricing all within the context of the site’s first page.
- Enhanced model pages are anchored around 60-second overview movies with full motion video and audio. Each of the 11 new movies employs extensive running footage, voice over, animations and a custom soundtrack to tell the unique story of the Audi model line-up. In an example of guided selling, the movies also actively prompt consumers to take the next step by configuring their own car, browsing the image gallery, or taking an in-depth look at features and specs.
- A revamped gallery section includes a broader selection of high-quality images all viewable at large resolutions. The section navigation has also been updated to offer easier access to images, 360-degree QTVRs, videos, and downloads.
- A visually enhanced features and specs section touts standout features with new Flash-based movies, and a cleaner design facilitates better readability and convenient side-by-side comparisons.
- A streamlined site architecture organized around body style (i.e. A4 Sedan, A4 Avant, A4 Cabriolet) rather than model trim level (i.e. A4 1.8T, A4 3.0) enables shoppers to experience Audi vehicles at a more intuitive level before drilling down to make engine or powertrain choices.
In addition to the new site features, the redesign will further advance Audi’s already robust capabilities for website analytics and site behavioral tracking. Using the latest version of WebTrends software and a team of expert analysts, Audi and Enlighten will mine site traffic data and behavior patterns in order to optimize site performance, prioritize site investment decisions, and identify tactics to move consumers deeper into the purchase funnel during their online experience.
“As a brand, Audi is defined by our legacy of unmatched leadership, ” said Andreas Sigl, Content Leader for Audi’s digital marketing group. “The new website fully embodies our `Never Follow’ spirit and embraces a new era of the broadband connected consumer. Perhaps even more importantly, audiusa.com will now serve as the primary integration platform for all of Audi’s cross-channel communications.”
Another round of site enhancements are scheduled for release in mid-October. Phase 2 will introduce additional movies highlighting standout features and breakthrough Audi technologies, including the following:
- quattro®, Audi’s legendary all-wheel drive technology
li>Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG®), Audi’s unrivalled double-clutch system
- Multi Media Interface (MMI®), Audi’s intuitive, award-winning control terminal
- Fuel Straight Injection (FSI®), Audi’s race-bred direct fuel injection technology
In total, more than 20 new rich media components introduced within the model pages will create another layer of emotive content and will serve to move Internet shoppers still deeper into the purchase funnel. In addition, an effort to unify the brand content experience with technical shopping functionality will be realized with a set of portable mini-applications developed to provide consumers with streamlined and contextual access to critical tools, such as Dealer Locator and Quick Quote.
Enlighten (www.enlighten.com) is an Ann Arbor-based interactive design, development and consulting firm. Founded in 1983 and recognized by Advertising Age as one of the nation’s top interactive agencies, Enlighten builds innovative online experiences for a diverse roster of clients such as Audi of America, Sony, Pulte Homes, Hunter Douglas, Amgen, Colgate University, and GMAC.
Audi of America is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and markets performance-oriented European luxury vehicles: the A4, A4 Cabriolet, A6, A8 L, TT, and the allroad quattro. For more information about additional Audi-related events and corporate news, visit www.audiusa.com.