September 15, 2009
Compiled by AudiWorld staff
- Name: Chip Vance
- AudiWorld username: speedyskippy
- Occupation: Racecar Driver, Tuning & Repair Shop Owner
- Year: 1997
- Make: Audi
- Model: A4 2.0 TQ
- Mileage: 78000
- Color: Bamboo Metallic
- Engine: Eurospec 2.0
- Engine Mods: Eurospec 2.0, Eurospec Forged Rods, Crank, Pistons, Crankshaft Girdle, PES Garrett GT28, Eurospec Cams, AirTek Cold Air, Injectors, AWE DTS, Samco Hoses, Bailey DV, N75H, AWE Aluminum Flywheel, SPEC 6 Puck Metallic Clutch Kit, UUC Snub Mount
- Exhaust Mods: Race Cat, 3 Downpipe, Custom 3 Exhaust
- Suspension Mods: Koni Coilovers
- Brake Mods: Stoptech 355mm Front Kit with Hawk HPS Pads, Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines
- Wheels & Tires: 19 Staggered Forgeline S03P, Toyo T1R
- Exterior Mods: Carbon Fiber Hood, Halo Projector Headlights, FMIC custom fit to stock bumper, Hella Smoked Tail Lights, Dealer Optioned Rear Wing, mhw Smoked Side Markers, Kamei Mesh Grill
- Interior Mods: Sparco Milano Race Seats, UUC Short Shifter, AWE Vent Boost Gage
- Audio / Video Mods: None
Featured Car Questions
When and where did you purchase this car?
I purchased this car in Columbus Ohio in 2001 from a local dealer. It had a wing on it so it was already modded =;)
Why did you choose this car as the basis of your project?
At the time, the 1.8t was the platform of choice for many, Nobody else had heavily modified a gold car, Quattros are cool, I loved the styling, There were many things we could showcase on this car that we could recommend to our customers, The price was right, etc, etc, etc.
Was there anything unique about the car before you starting modifying it?
It has a wing on it from the previous owner.
Did you consider any other brands, and what led you to Audi?
I am an Audi enthusiast from the 100LS days loved the styling, love the
quality, love the performance.
What was your objective with this project?
Build a unique car that nobody else had the courage to build.
What companies or individuals were involved in the build?
Auto Assets, Forgeline, Stoptech, PES Tuning, AWE Tuning, GIAC.
Any specific technical details you can share?
What was the most difficult part of the project to get right?
The wheels & tires staggered 19 with the 355mm Stoptech kit posed a
serious clearance issue.
If you had to do it all over again what would you change? I would do a bigger turbo.
Have you generated any formal test results with this car (dyno, ¼ mile, etc?) Many days of lapping at Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, Beaver Run, Putnam Park, Virginia International Raceway and Barber Motorsports Park.
Are you finished whats next?
I am done. The car is now for sale.
Is this your daily driver, and if not what else is in your garage?
2001 VW Eurovan crushed on 18 RS6 Wheels, 1971 Porsche 2.5 liter MFI
914-6 Racecar that has been crushed, 1994 Audi 100 5 Speed Quattro, 1981 Euro 3.4 930 with Huge Turbo and Carrera Intake Manifold and 535 rwhp,
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo 386 rwhp.
What is your favorite thing about this car?
Blipping the throttle at about 3500 RPM the car burps and it sounds
As modified, what makes your car unique?
Who else is crazy enough to heavily modify a Bamboo Gold Metallic car?
Where can other enthusiasts see your car?
Auto Assets in Powell Ohio, Facebook Chip Vance.
Anything else youd like to share?
It has been fun building and driving. With a two year old, it is time for
someone else to enjoy this car BTW we call it the hooker. My
wife named it because it will take all your money and get you in
- Discussion Forum: B5 A4 Forum