December 18, 2006
Compiled by: AudiWorld Staff
Next up in the continuing AudiWorld “Reader’s Rides” feature is a Brilliant Red A4 Sedan from Quebec. As a reminder to readers, we are always looking for Audis that include either very clean and well-done mods or extremely unique enhancements.
- Name: Michael
- AudiWorld username: Jet Jockey/A4 Pilot
- Location: Ile Bizard, QC Canada
- Occupation: Pilot
- Year: 2004
- Make: Audi
- Model: A4
- Mileage: 48,000 kms
- Color: Brilliant Red
- Engine: 1.8T
- Engine Mods: Custom made MTM K04 setup with customer programming and injectors
- Exhaust Mods: MTM downpipe with motorsport cat converter and free flow exhaust
- Suspension Mods: STaSIS/Ohlin Motorsport kit, B6 S4 rear sway bar, CPP custom suspension components front and rear
- Brake Mods: STaSIS/Alcon 13′ kit (front) with upgrade to 3.0L rear brakes
- Wheels & Tires: BBS RCs (17×8)/Michelin PS2s (235/45/17) street use. BBS RCs (17×8)/Toyo RA1s (235/40/17) track use. SSR Comps (17.8.5)/Kumho V710s (245/45/17) autocross use.
- Exterior Mods: Caractere front bumper with Zender lips blended-in, Caractere side skirts, Caractere front grill, Rieger rear valance, Audi rear spoiler, B6 S4 door blades
- Interior Mods: Sparco Pro 2000 race seat, Topsin 6-point harness
- Audio / Video Mods: None
Featured Car Questions
When and where did you purchase this car?
The car was purchased March 2004 from Automobiles Lauzon in Laval (Audi dealer north of Montreal).
Why did you choose this car as the basis of your project?
I bought an A4 1.8T and wanted to make it better.
Was there anything unique about the car before you starting modifying it?
No, just stock.
Did you consider any other brands, and what led you to Audi?
No, although if I had more money I would own a Porsche instead.
What was your objective with this project?
My objective was to make the car faster for autocrossing and have fun on road courses.
What companies or individuals were involved in the build-out?
I did a lot of the work myself, but was also assisted by Horchaus-MTM Canada, STaSIS and Custom Performance Products (CPP).
Any specific technical details you can share?
What was the most difficult part of the project to get right?
If you had to do it all over again what would you change?
Not much of anything.
Have you generated any formal test results with this car (dyno, 1/4 mile, etc?)
Yes, as follows:
With standard K04-15 and MTM Stage 3 kit running on 94 octane:
- Dynapak dyno: 210 WHP at 5400 rpm and 246 ft/lb of torque at 2800 rpm
- G Tech Pro: 0-60 mph in race trim (best time) = 5.03 seconds
- G Tech Pro: 1/4 mile run in race trim (best time) = 13.7 seconds at 103 mph
- Actual drag strip 1/4 mile run (not race trim) = 14.1 seconds at 98 mph
With a custom made MTM K04 turbo and programming on 94 octane:
- Dynapak dyno: 240 WHP at 5350 rpm and 254 ft/lb of torque at 3140 rpm
With a custom made MTM K04 turbo and programming on VP MS109 race fuel:
- Dynapak dyno: 255 WHP at 5730 rpm and 268 ft/lb of torque at 3120 rpm
Are you finished whats next?
Almost done, but not completely sure yet.
Is this your daily driver, and if not what else is in your garage?
Yes it is my daily driver, but we do have a 2001 Passat Wagon that is also a family car.
What is your favorite thing about this car?
Decent power (finally), low end torque and fantastic handling/brakes.
As modified, what makes your car unique?
I don’t know that it is necessarily unique, but it’s a very fun car to drive – especially on a track.
Where can other enthusiasts see your car?
I don’t do shows, but there are plenty of pictures on AudiWorld and other sites.
Anything else youd like to share?
There are a lot of other little mods on this car than this format allows me to talk about…
- Jet Jockey/A4 Pilot 2004 A4 1.8Tqm Photo Gallery
- B6 A4 Discussion Forum – Leave Owner Feedback on this Thread