|December 03, 2012
Source: Audi Media
- Premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) help achieve new annual and monthly sales records, representing nearly 33% of November Audi deliveries
Herndon -Audi today reported its 23rd consecutive month of record sales with November volume reaching 12,067 cars and SUVs, up 24.4% from the 9,700 models sold a year earlier.
The fourth-best month in Audi of America history also propelled the brand to a new annual mark with a month to go the year. Audi year-to-date sales at the end of November stood at 124,469 vehicles, easily eclipsing the annual sales record of 117,561 set just last year. Audi 2012 YTD sales ran 18.6% ahead of last year’s pace through November 30.
“We’re looking forward to finishing the year strong,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Audi is in on the right track. We are pleased to see consumers recognize this and continue to reward the brand for its superior performance, progressive technology and excellent craftsmanship.”
Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) continue to capture the attention of discerning customers by delivering sales that equaled 32.7% of the total November sales mix, up from the 19% premium vehicle sales mix seen in 2009. Overall sales of the top-end Audi models jumped 28% in November and have increased 42% through the first 11 months of the year. Demand for the full-size Audi Q7 luxury SUV, generated a 91.9% sales increase for the month and a 17.8% increase year to date.
Consumer interest in the Audi Q5 generated a 14% increase with 2,724 sales. This marked the second best month of Q5 sales in Audi history. The newly updated Audi A4, the best-selling model for the brand, contributed a 33.7% increase in November sales, with the new Audi allroad registering 437 sales compared to 228 a year earlier for the Audi A4 Avant that it replaced in the lineup. Audi A4 sedan sales rose 27.7% for the month. Sales of the updated and performance-oriented Audi A5 increased 39.3% for the month, with the A5 coupe rising 53.9%. Year-to-date sales of the A5 increased 11.2% year-to-date.
The record setting November continued with certified pre-owned sales of 2,845, an increase of 6% over November 2011.
– November 2012 ranks as the best November in Audi of America history
– Sales mix for Audi S / RS models finished the month at 14% for the S4, 39% for the S5 coupe/ RS 5 coupe, 12% for the S8 and 62% for the TTS and TT RS.
– Audi A4 models sales up 33.7% compared to November 2011; YTD sales grew 10.2% compared to previous period.
– The Audi allroad finished the month at 437 sale (in addition to three Audi A4 Avant sales), compared to 228 Audi A4 Avant sales in 2011.
– Audi A5 sales up 39.3% compared to November 2011; YTD sales grew 11.2% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi A6 increased 15.6% compared to November 2011; YTD sales up 84.7% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi A8 increased 17.4% compared to November 2011; YTD sales up 1.6% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi Q5 increased 14% compared to November 2011; YTD sales up 11% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi Q7 increased 91.9% compared to November 2011; YTD sales up 17.8% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi TT increased 31.7% compared to November 2011; YTD sales up 0.5% compared to previous period.
– Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 45.3% for the A3 TDI and 28.8% for Q7 TDI
– For the record-setting month of November 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A4, the Audi A5, the Audi Q7 and the Audi TT models.
– Audi Certified pre-owned sales set an all-time record of 2,845 vehicles sold, amounting to the best November in Audi history.