Links to Third Parties
Warranties and Disclaimers
The Materials posted on this Web site could include technical or other mistakes or inaccuracies. AudiWorld disclaims all warranties and makes no representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness or suitability of the Materials on this or any other Web site, and disclaims any duty to keep this information current or accurate. In particular, AudiWorld makes no representation or warranty that any customer or potential customer will achieve the same performance results that are reflected in any story or FAQ article contained on this Web site. AudiWorld may change any information on this Web site or any product or service described on this Web site, including functionality or performance thereof, any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability
AudiWorld is committed to its policy of protecting the privacy and confidential information of its members.
What personally identifiable information does AudiWorld collect and what does AudiWorld do with it?
Upon registration for the discussion forums, members provide us with personal information such as their name and e-mail address. We use this information to establish individual accounts, protected by a password the member selects. With respect to members, AudiWorld uses the e-mail address supplied in the registration process to confirm registration, and to send notices and updates to you concerning the services and the site.
AudiWorld also uses "cookies," or small pieces of information that we store on users' computers, to recognize returning users and to monitor traffic through the site. This information helps us to make the site better and more user-friendly. We also collect with either cookies or weblogs users' IP addresses and log in times that are identified by individual user.
Does AudiWorld Disclose My Personally Identifiable Information to Other Members?
Each Member chooses during registration whether to allow the public to view his or her e-mail address. The member can change this preference at any time through the discussion forum user preferences. AudiWorld does not otherwise disclose personal information.
Members should be aware, however, that in posting to the discussion forums that they may be disclosing their own personally identifiable information to members. The security and privacy protections in place on this site and through the service provided herein do not cover this type of transfer or disclosure of personal information. Members making or responding to discussion forum postings are solely responsible for the content.
To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Information?
How does AudiWorld store my Personally Identifiable Information?
AudiWorld stores personal information of members in secure databases protected by passwords as well as database and network firewalls to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information. While no security systems are infallible, BVerticals Inc. (AudiWorld's parent company) will prosecute any unauthorized access to secured information to the fullest extent of the law. AudiWorld periodically reviews and updates security measures to insure the best possible protections for the membership.
Can I Delete Personally Identifiable Information on the site?
You can notify us at any time to remove your registration information from our discussion forum database by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do that, we will not keep any personally identifiable records concerning you unless required to do so by law. However, if you make this request you will be unable to access or use the account you previously created and its associated content without going through the registration process again.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Considering the real-time nature of the Discussion Forums, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that AudiWorld does not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of AudiWorld. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Although AudiWorld does not and cannot review each and every message that is posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:
Forums Acceptable Use
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or AudiWorld.
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post advertising of any kind in the Forums whether you are a private party or company. The only exceptions to this policy are granted for current AudiWorld banner advertisers who may post in the regular Discussion Forums and For Sale / Wanted to Buy ads posted in an appropriate Classified Forum.
AudiWorld also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL AUDIWORLD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOST DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION) RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE IN THE DISCUSSION FORUMS OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE TO WHICH A LNK IS PROVIDED OR ON WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED TO THESE DISCUSSION FORUMS, EVEN IF AUDIWORLD.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED.
Classified Forums Rules
We provide these classified forums free of charge and offer no-fee sales to our members as a benefit of AudiWorld. We have some common-sense rules outlined below that we expect everyone to follow. Anyone who does not comply with these rules will be warned and possibly suspended for ongoing abuse. For your safety and the safety of others, please comply with the Classifieds rules and read the buyers advice at the end of this section.
AudiWorld assumes no ownership or risk in your purchases in the Classified Forums - the transaction is between you and the seller. Please post feedback in the buyer/seller forum after your transaction is completed after reading the rules of that forum below.
1. Post your product, price and if necessary, a picture. Otherwise your thread will probably be deleted.
2. No auction style posts, no links to items on eBay or Craigslist; sell it here or sell it there, not both. This includes links to auctions and sales of items on other sites too. If someone you are buying from (or responding to a WTB) contacts you with an eBay link to their item, please forward to email@example.com.
3. No spamming. This means pick one and only one classified forum to post your for sale item in, even if it possibly pertains to several models.
4. No "Group Buys" are allowed in these forums.
5. No "dealers", vendors or bulk sales of any kind without the AudiWorld's prior approval. If you acquire items in quantity (bulk sales mean >1 item) with the intent of offering them for resale here, you are a dealer under this rule. In addition, you may not place URL's in your profile or signature that link to an offsite list. Current AudiWorld advertisers are excepted from this rule.
6. No multi-level marketing schemes. Posting links that guide our members to a scheme that benefits a single member are not allowed. Peddle your free iPod somewhere else.
7. "Relisting" rules. Please do not list your item again and again day after day. For guidelines we suggest no more than 3 re-listings. After that you must sell it elsewhere.
8. No "services" allowed unless authorized by the AudiWorld. (ex. I can build xxx for you @ xxx each)
9. No bootlegged software sales. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells bootlegged (Warez) software through this forum will be permanently banned. This includes copies of navigation DVDs. Also, you may not sell Academic or NFR (not for resale / not for retail or oem distribution) software.
10. No alcohol, tobacco, firearm, or any weapons sales.
11. No Pornographic (XXX) item sales.
12. Please limit 'chit chat' in the classified forums to questions and responses about the item being sold.
13. Calling dibs means absolutely nothing. Who gets the item is the seller's discretion as long as they are not running an auction-style sale. They can reject low offers or even at-asking-price offers based on a number of parameters including prior experience, local buyers, etc.
14. No 'testing the waters' or 'possibly for sale' posts. Either you're selling the item or you're not. If you're not sure, don't post it here until you are ready. Please do your research on your asking price before posting the item for sale.
15. New members (either recent joiners by date or few posts) selling high dollar items may have their posts removed due to the risk to our members. High dollar items are generally those over $500 but may be defined by moderator's discretion. New members selling high dollar items should be prepared or proactive in offering references from other AudiWorld members who know them, on other forums, etc. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report items of this nature, and include a link to the post in question.
Special Situation Guidance
Car Part Outs
Part outs should be posted in the appropriate model classified forum.
1. Multiple vehicle part-outs are not allowed.... it's a one time event meant for an Audi that is disabled due to accident or one you've bought to use major pieces on your own car and are selling the rest.
2. All individual part sales and prices should be posted on the forum so we know no one is getting ripped off by sales of the same item to other members and there is no auction activity.
3. No price gouging
4. Unknown / lightly known member partouts: Due to several scams run on members, these are no longer allowed. Recent joiners, don't even try. If you've had problems following classified forum rules in the past your partout may also be closed.
5. Planning on buying a parts car and taking future orders to sell parts of it? Absolutely not allowed. If you can't support the purchase of the parts car without the forum support, don't buy it or plan on pre-selling parts here.
Wheels For Sale
It is strongly recommended you post the following information about any wheels being listed for sale on AudiWorld. If you do not furnish this information, members will end up asking you these questions anyway, so please go ahead and include the appropriate details in your initial post.
1) For all wheel sales, please post photographs of the wheels to give the buyer an idea of the condition of the wheels and to identify major blemishes. Wheels are one of the most likely items on a car to sustain damage, so we strongly encourage this action on the part of the seller to demonstrate the wheels for sale are in good shape. Use the AudiWorld PicturePoster to host your photos.
2) If you are selling OEM Audi wheels, please state the model & year Audi the wheels originally came on and style of the wheel.
3) For aftermarket wheels, there are standard pieces of information to include:
Of course for all wheels, also list the asking price and indicate if tires are included (brand, size) and in what condition.
Vehicles For Sale
1) Audi Vehicles may be offered for sale by all members, but no dealers or posts are allowed. Current AudiWorld advertisers are excepted from this rule
2) Posting a vehicle for sale "for a friend" is not allowed. They can join and post it themselves.
3) Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the title.
Advice for Buyers - Caveat Emptor!
Please be cautious and use your common sense when buying something expensive from someone you don't know here on AudiWorld. If something seems too good to be true, question extensively before you buy.
Here are some easy-to-do tips that can at least help mitigate some of the risk:
1) Search on posts by sellers to see what they've bought/sold in the past. Were there any issues other people posted about? E-mail somebody else who bought something big from them in the past to see if it turned out OK.
2) Do some research on the person using the information you have available. Have they been a member on AudiWorld long? Do they just sell stuff or do they really participate (so that people might know them better)? Did they post about having problems with the item they're now selling?
3) Request contact information from the seller and test them where possible (phone #s and email, address as well) to make sure they work as a way to get in touch with them.
4) Demand pictures of the item before you buy. Get full size, well lit images of the items and close ups of any blemishes before buying.
5) Have someone local to the seller on AudiWorld check out the merchandise for you if it's a big/expensive item. Make sure it's what is claimed and in the described condition. If they'll do it, see if they will even see it get boxed up and shipped to you.
6) Insist on carrying full insurance on fragile items that are shipped. Have the seller describe the way they will pack the item if you're really concerned; request 'before shipping' pictures to protect both of you.
7) If the item is really expensive, use an escrow service
8) Document your transaction publicly on the forum. If a seller insists on communicating only via email be suspicious. If the seller does not post a 'item sold' once you've sent payment, we suggest that the buyer proactively post something like 'payment sent' on the forum so that if the seller has intentions of promising the item to multiple buyers and running off with their money that other buyers are alerted earlier.
Classifieds Buyer / Seller Feedback Guidelines
How to post in our Buyer / Sellder Feedback forum
If you bought or sold something in the Classified Forums on AudiWorld you can include feedback (positive or negative) on both buyers and sellers. Only the buyers, sellers or others directly related to this sale can post in this forum, anything else will be deleted without notification.
1. One and only one thread per transaction. Please do not lump feedback for multiple sales in a single post.
2. The title of your thread should be descriptive and brief. It must include the correct (exact) spelling of the AudiWorld member you are leaving feedback on.
Example Title: "MemberY buyer feedback - excellent buyer"
3. ALL feedback posts MUST include a URL link to orignal sale thread(s) in the AudiWorld Classified Forums to prove the transaction actually happened. Links to other forums, ebay, etc are not allowed nor valid. You just have to open the thread of the sale, highlight the 'address' field (http://forums.audiworld....), copy it and then paste into your new post. Any post that does not have that link may be deleted without notification.
4. Please do not post feedback for vendors, stores, online merchants, Audi dealers, etc in the feedback forum - this is not the place. This forum is ONLY for feedback on individuals who bought & sold items in our Classified Forums. We will suspend access for any member who repeatedly breaks this rule.
5. In addition to the general rules above, for Kudos (good transactions) follow the thread titling rules above. Be descriptive if something was especially well done (packing on a tricky item, fast payment, etc).
6. In addition to the general rules above, for sales that encountered issues / negative feedback: Keep it clean, keep it impersonal. You should post based on the specific facts of the problem with the sale. Be as detailed as possible; vague posts will be deleted.
7. No personal information is to be posted about the buyer or seller other than their AudiWorld Screen name.
8. If you're posting negative feedback you must have tried to contact the person and given them at least 30 (from the date of the sale) days to correct the problem.
9.This forum is for completed transactions where the seller has accepted the payment and sent a product (or accepted the money and didn't send the product in some cases). Instances where a seller decided to sell their item to another member and a transaction did not occur does not qualify for negative feedback. It is up to the seller on AudiWorld to decide who they sell their item to based on whatever criteria they decide (location, reputation of buyer, etc)
Responses and Resolution
1. The person receiving the negative feedback is allowed ONE response to the negative feedback post, and the buyer can respond once to that post. These posts must be civil in nature and will be heavily moderated. If you break the rules (e.g. instigate a personal attack) in your reply, your account may be suspended at moderators' discretion.
2. If the negative situation is resolved, the original poster should consider removing the negative post.
Thank you for following these rules; we believe this forum will enhance AudiWorld's value to our members, as well as its safety. Please report any concerns to email@example.com.