Audi A4- Issue starting/accelerating

Old 10-10-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A4- Issue starting/accelerating

I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8 and have been having some different issues that i am thinking are connected. To start from the beginning the car would have trouble starting first thing in the morning and the EPC light would come on. However if i shut the car off and turned it back on the EPC light would go out. (this issue did not happen everytime i started the car). After some time started noticing other issue poor acceleration (almost like a slight lag). The car also has stalled while at idle at a stop light. When this happened the battery light came on and check engine and EPC. The car would start right away after and all lights would go out. About a month ago i went to start my car and it wouldnt start, Lights all came on and it was trying to turn over but would not, Let the car sit for a day and was able to jump start the car. I was on the hwy yesterday going 80 and the acceleration went out and the battery check engine and epc lights all came on i pulled of the hwy and car would not start had to tow it to my house. I have checked and the Battery is good, the alternator is good, Serpentine belt is good,Spark plugs are brand new, all fuses are good. From different things I have read i am thinking it may or may not be crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor. Would love some feed back before replacing anything else.