should it be going faster?

Old 10-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should it be going faster?

I have a 99 B5 Quattro tiptronic I bought about 7 months ago. About a month after I got it I went to Speed Tuning and had them chip it to Stage II (He did a stage II for price of I) and I definitely noticed a power difference on the highway. That was then. Now I have a FMIC, 3" test pipe going into a 3" exhaust, a Polyurethane turbo inlet and a modified stock (smoothed out interior with cut out bottom) and a drop in k&n. I also am running all royal purple fluids. On vag com I am running 188g pushing redline in first and second and according to my run of the mill cheapo vacuum guage I have about 15-17 pounds of boost max. I don't seem to notice much difference in the car. I did all the work but the chip, as I used to work at the biggest independent VW shop in NOVA, so would I be wrong to take it back to speed tuning and ask him to drive it and get his opinion. I have vag-com can anyone recommend any groups that might give me more info. The only slight problem I have is where the test pipe and turbo meet the aftermarket and OEM don't get along and their is a very slight gap between the two on the top surface. Can anyone offer a key that might unlock what I've done or have I done something wrong?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by md_medic
I have a 99 B5 Quattro tiptronic I bought about 7 months ago. About a month after I got it I went to Speed Tuning and had them chip it to Stage II (He did a stage II for price of I) and I definitely noticed a power difference on the highway. That was then. Now I have a FMIC, 3" test pipe going into a 3" exhaust, a Polyurethane turbo inlet and a modified stock (smoothed out interior with cut out bottom) and a drop in k&n. I also am running all royal purple fluids. On vag com I am running 188g pushing redline in first and second and according to my run of the mill cheapo vacuum guage I have about 15-17 pounds of boost max. I don't seem to notice much difference in the car. I did all the work but the chip, as I used to work at the biggest independent VW shop in NOVA, so would I be wrong to take it back to speed tuning and ask him to drive it and get his opinion. I have vag-com can anyone recommend any groups that might give me more info. The only slight problem I have is where the test pipe and turbo meet the aftermarket and OEM don't get along and their is a very slight gap between the two on the top surface. Can anyone offer a key that might unlock what I've done or have I done something wrong?
I&in. Oil off the filter screws with the mass air flow sensor . They're crap.