Car hesitating when going from place and

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2 or 3-way valve clarification...

Thank you Hubturn, no not irritating in the slightest. I appreciate the help.

Heix, is that not your underhood vacuum diagram that you have in your post (#8) above and attached photos to?

Also Heix, is the photo of the valve in the white circle (in your post (#12) above), of your car or someone else's?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This, I believe, is the three way valve. Audi lists it as a vacuum pipe. While you may have a different part number, it is for a 2.8L AAH engine, in my 1995 Cabriolet, automatic transmission.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vacuum valve.pdf (182.1 KB, 244 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

At first, i have manual trans. and 1992/8 y aah engine. 4 wheel drive. Without egr, without clima and cruise which may bring extra vacuum hoses.

Originally Posted by Lago Blue
Thank you Hubturn, no not irritating in the slightest. I appreciate the help.

Heix, is that not your underhood vacuum diagram that you have in your post (#8) above and attached photos to?

Also Heix, is the photo of the valve in the white circle (in your post (#12) above), of your car or someone else's?
Picture on post 12 is from my underhood. It,s last summer picture, when i had this valve. Before i broke it and threw away.

Post 8 vacuum diagram should be from my car yes. But i'm not 100% sure about that. I look it over again and draw appropriate diagram for my car what i have at the moment.

Originally Posted by hubturn
Moving back to your photo of the brake booster line, your set up is for the manual transmission. The three way valve is for the automatic. I just ordered the three way from Audi and will get it tomorrow. $57. The three way valve has a more involved setup and also connects to the plastic hose running from the head to the noise damper. I comment on this because mine cracked and the idle was terrible. Also, the same valve in your picture is also in my set up BUT, the small hose fitting in the picture is capped with a plastic piece. There is no vacuum hose going to that fitting. I think you should consider that maybe the cap came off and you are losing vacuum through that. Additionally, and not to be irritating, but have you looked for the small silver colored vacuum diagram that may be stuck to the underside of the hood near the drivers side hinge? I would think that would be a specific diagram for your vehicle.
The three-way valv in my car owns mission to give air to rear differential lock. I dont have any diagrams under hood and also not in your pointed location. Searched out internet and all programs what i have, i didnt find correct vac diagram for my car. Therefore i ask.

This, I believe, is the three way valve. Audi lists it as a vacuum pipe. While you may have a different part number, it is for a 2.8L AAH engine, in my 1995 Cabriolet, automatic transmission.
The valv, which i had, looked different. On the weekend i will drive to countryside and i try to find the valv and then i picture it and if there is some code on, i will tell.

Ofcource i appreciate all the help !
Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the arrow pointing way to motor? Third plug should be on that side of valve which is going to intake. I dont know which way vacuum goes on that hose between intake and brake booster?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found some hoses with that valv. But the valve is in wrong location and the other end i connected to wrong side of IM.
http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action...6&id_pic=29437

Part nr 11. It costs here about 50 USD.

I might have found that hose from Audi A8. Hose nr 3 .

http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action...EE%E7%ED%E0%FF

About 60 USD
Other diagrams for audi 100 are not accurate. At least a8 hose picture matches visually with audi 100 one. Ofcourse aah engine and manual gearbox.

Last edited by Heix; 12-01-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

At the weekend i went to my countryside, ab 100 km from i live now. And i found the valv from trash.

Arrows pointing air moveing way.

You can see, that third plug is gone, what i need. There is no codes on valve and i dont know, can i order this valve vithout plastic hoses.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Found 2-way valv. From picture, its one-to-one with my valve.
OEM code is 06A 133 528 D price is ab. 30 $

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Found 2-way valve"

Congratulations sir! Thanks again for your help Hubturn.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just realized that you were having your own valve issues...

The valve you found on ebay is what the dealer tried to sell me for my broken valve. I was going to try to buy it and make it work but it was too expensive for me. The dealer here wanted $37 for it.

The one I was looking for was almost the same except the 1/8th leg (the one you broke) was on the other side of the check...

In my engine you are looking for this one right?

I'll look too - I think I found one from a Passat that looked exacly like that when I was searching...
Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This looks right...

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...n-Check/Detail

Quick Reply: Car hesitating when going from place and