Need smaller hands

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need smaller hands

Decided today was nice enough to work outside, I worked to get the EGR to quit throwing codes. Per searching the writeups and pics on servicing the EGR, I quickly found the issue: the EGR tube wasn't completely tight to the exhaust manifold. I ended up taking the EGR and throttle body off to check the ports anyways and found both to be relatively clean. Some minor cleaning of both units along with retightening of the lower tube flange nut, and all was back together in a couple of hours.
Tomorrow I'm heading to Pick n Pull to get another throttle body and EGR. After researching the throttle body mod, I figured I can modify the donor throttle body without being out a bunch of money if I somehow screw it up. I may as well also grab the MAF while I'm there and mod that too.

Will keep updating as the project moves forward
Old 03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

nice, keep us posted
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A little update.

I haven't gotten very far on any mods. I've been researching more than anything, which brings me to my first issue. Air flow seems to be the major issue with these engines. From what I've read, the MAF mod doesn't seem to gain very much. It seems by having an engine that has had quite a bit of work may show some small improvement, but with my engine being pretty much stock, I may put this one on hold for now.

I ended up getting the TB (as well as a MAF) off the donor car at Pick n Pull the other day. After reading countless threads on the TB mod, I think this mod will be one that I actually see some up front gains. As one poster put it: "the mod with the most bang for your buck". I have plenty of experience machining, but not a whole lot modifying engine parts, so this one will be trials and errors and a lot of measuring so I don't completely wreck the TB. From the pics I've come across, to explanations on what and where to modify, I feel I can do a decent job. I think it will make more sense as I get into the project.

My Blauparts transmission service kit came in the other day too, so I'm looking to get the tranny cleaned out and buttoned up this weekend some time.

Last edited by country hick; 03-22-2014 at 05:29 AM.