Another Oil consumption question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Oil consumption question

Hi all,
I know many threads was about this but still feel in need of some advise.
So I bought used car and not sure what oil it had in but it burned over 1qt for less than 1000 miles. I added castrol edge 502.00 1 qt and it burned it super fast, like 500 miles. I replaced valve coves as it was leaking badly.
I WASHED ( I dont know did this make it worse or not) pcv valve inside and valve cover before putting it back together.
I went thru 1 qt for 400-500 miles maybe. I added oil and ring seal repair(very thick oil kinda thingy) and now it is about 500-600 miles for 1qt. I dont know maybe I need to wait for it to work?
Anyway, I replaced spark plugs, they had a lot of oil on top of them( I was thinking from valve cover but I checked recently and they have oil on top of them again so what now? Plugs 2 and 3 mostly.
Interesting thing is that car does not have running issues. It pulls pretty good and I get 28 MPG on FWY with 36PSI which is very good considering PSI.
No white smoke also.
I gues next thing is checking compression? What should be expected?
Do head gaskets have issues on these engines? Wht should I do? Car is too old to deal with dealership. 2008 A3 with S-line package.
Thank you for reading.