Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Motors > 2.0T FSI Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 174815

Exclamation APR diverter valve, How to install on 2.0T FSI?

Hey Guys,

Im new to Audi World am am looking for some help. I just bought my 06 A3 2.0T FSI and recently bought a new APR diverter valve, but no instructions on how to install. I know it is located on the turbo but i don't want to just go in and mess around in fear of destroying my turbo or breaking a hose (its currently 10 degrees in CT).

Does anyone have any advice. Description with pictures would be great! Thanks guys.
A3 DoOdBrAh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 175039

Arrow p0299 code...underboost...Diverter Valve?

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums here on AudiWorld Forums. I have the same question as above. I would like to see a diagram or pictures of where the electronic diverter valve is located? I think that mine went out on my 2006 Audi A4 2.0T. And I no longer have turbo power and gas miles went to crap. I also have the code of P0299 turbo/ supercharger underboost. Any suggestions? Or does anyone think that it might be the electronic diverter valve?
audiforumgooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer

Talking Part is on the car!

Well, got the part in from ECStuning.com today. I finished puting on the new 710D electronic piston diverter valve. It was a dooosy. I had a hard time getting to the bolts. What a pain in the neck. but all is better now. The P0299 code is gone and the car runs great. No more sluggish power for my Audi.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default New Piston Diverter Valve 710D

Here is a link of area for the new 710D Piston Diverter Valve. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268255
Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 85437

Default DV DIY

Hi,

My DV just went 3 weeks after warranty expired (also an 06 A4 2.0). Dealer wants "only" $150 to replace, but I have access to a shop and friend who can help but who doesn't know Audis well.

I can jack it and get to the DV but can anyone tell me anything I need to know to remove and install the new one ? on Forge instructions there was something about cutting or installing new hoses, is the 710D literally just unscrew the old, and put in the new ? Thanks for any guidance on this DIY.
kap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 176009

I just did my dv 2 weeks ago on my 06 A3, it was easy. Just jack up your car, lay on your back and look up under the engine on the right side. It is right there. There are 3 bolts ( the top one is tough to access) and a ecu plug. The switch out took less than 15 min. and the difference is noticeable.
prosio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
20, 20t, a3, a4, apr, audi, directions, diverter, guide, howto, install, installing, instructions, long, r1, valve