Cooling fan issue

Old 03-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Kln
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan issue

I have a 2007 audi A4 2.0T. I recently had the somewhat common issue of intermittent crank/ no start which I diagnosed as a possible faulty PCM/ECU relay. I replaced and have not had the issue since.

Now I am having an issue with both cooling fans running when the car is off and key out. They will run until the battery dies.

Accompanying my crank/no start issue was the symptom of no check engine light appearing on the dash. Indicating there was no communication to the ecu. I could generally lightly tap the ecu box cover the. Proceed to turn the key, check engine light would illuminate and car would start.
When I opened the ecu box to replace the ecu relay I saw no signs of water ( which is not conclusive). On a whim I removed the second relay in the box while the fans were running to see if there was the possibility that was the culprit but the fans continued to run with that relay removed.

If I open the drivers door the cooling fans wil stop but shortly after closing it the fans will begin to run on high again.

If the fans are running and I get in the car and close the door the fans will stop when I open the door. Start shortly after I close it. If I insert the key and turn it to the ACC position or start the car the fans will stop. When I remove the key the fans will run again.

If I unplug the main harness or remove the fuse the fans will not run.

I have searched the forum and found similar issues but I haven't seen any that exhibit the same symptoms I am seeing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Name:  55A7CC7F-7943-414B-A55C-C5E921128D72.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  141.0 KB