HELP with fuel line connector

Old 08-23-2016, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with fuel line connector

I was replacing the in-tank electric fuel pump and I didn't have the correct tools to get the fuel line connector off, and my buddy and I completely screwed it up, I need to know if I can replace the fuel connector exclusively or if I need to replace the whole line. It's the "VL" not the "RL" line. If I can just replace the connector, how so? If it's not possible, how tough of a job is it to replace that whole line? Again, just the connector is damaged, not the whole line.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooo thats a tough one. I haven't done any research with my suppliers, as far as what is available, but I've replaced the fitting itself on other lines. Autozoo sells the fitting + 10" of line, so you can splice it in, after you cut the broken fitting off. Its a kit they offer on one of their isles. Maybe the company (dorman) offers something that could work for you.

Once you heat that line up with a heat gun, you might be able to pull the old fitting back off of the line. I know I have used a heat gun to put new ones on, and it makes the line soft and malleable.

Worst case scenario, go to your local pick and pull and see if any VW or Audi from a similar year might have one you can cut off. Then you can buy the metal pipe at Autozoo made for splicing these types of line together. Its just a metal pipe that is barbed; offered in a couple sizes on the shelf.

Good luck, Ya know.