Allroad battery/alternator problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allroad battery/alternator problem

I have a 2001 Audi AllRoad 2.7T automatic. I brought the car in to the Audi dealership and was told it needed a new battery. New battery was installed and was then told it needed a new alternator. New alternator was installed and the charging system still had an issue. The battery was checked and is good. Replaced the new alternator with another new alternator and the charging system still has an issue. Mechanic says he checked the connections and everything is fine and is now at a dead end. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you,
AudiGirl
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are they coming up with the idea it needed two alternators and still doesn't charge? I'm trying to determine how they are determining the charging issue, as it's mainly only the battery, alternator, main ground cable to the body or the positive cable wiring from the alternator to the battery that would cause faulty charging. The D wire from at the back of the alternator triggers the charging at idle from start up, but usually if you rev the engine up, they start charging anyway. What dealer is this car at?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my '01 Audi Allroad. I found that the wires from the alternator was touching the body and was corrosive from underneath. I had to cut and splice, but eventually will need to replace the wiring from alternator connector to battery or where it connects in between.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheAudiGirl
I have a 2001 Audi AllRoad 2.7T automatic. I brought the car in to the Audi dealership and was told it needed a new battery. New battery was installed and was then told it needed a new alternator. New alternator was installed and the charging system still had an issue. The battery was checked and is good. Replaced the new alternator with another new alternator and the charging system still has an issue. Mechanic says he checked the connections and everything is fine and is now at a dead end. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you,
AudiGirl
what was the problem? getting tired of replacing all this stuff
Old 02-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi Allroad Electrical / Charging problems

Originally Posted by Tonytomasi
what was the problem? getting tired of replacing all this stuff

I know, right?!?

I wish people would take the time to report what resolved their problem. WTF is this forum for, if not the exchange of Problem - Troubleshooting - SOLUTION REPORTING.
I am so f'ing sick and tired of douchebags whom come a running for our help, yet never retun with the solution they find for their problem.

Maybe there is no longer a controlling Administration for this forum, but if there is, maybe he will start clamping down on these Hit N Run *******s that use the forum, for completely selfish purpose. Kick their asses off the forumn.

It's a huge problem and making visiting AW an almost worthless experience.

Shame!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default The

Originally Posted by Allroads_Lead_Somewhere
I know, right?!?

I wish people would take the time to report what resolved their problem. WTF is this forum for, if not the exchange of Problem - Troubleshooting - SOLUTION REPORTING.
I am so f'ing sick and tired of douchebags whom come a running for our help, yet never retun with the solution they find for their problem.

Maybe there is no longer a controlling Administration for this forum, but if there is, maybe he will start clamping down on these Hit N Run *******s that use the forum, for completely selfish purpose. Kick their asses off the forumn.

It's a huge problem and making visiting AW an almost worthless experience.

Shame!
forums kinda duck these days for that resson, no updates. Facebook audi c5
​​​​Allroad group

so to fix my issues I replaced the lines running from the alternator to the battery and the ground on the battery. While in there might as well
I just replaced the starter on the 6 speed, upgraded the lines, while your in there. I went with 0/1 gauge, all the way around. Over kill is best for these cars. On the automatic I noticed better voltage, less drops (there's subs in the trunk) and no issues.
fixed Ill call it at this point. Stock wire looks to be thin 4 gauge maybe little smaller? If ou don't want the big wire to play with. I used ofc, big 3 kit 50 bucks and it's done.

there's my story.
The following users liked this post:
FlackoFlo (01-26-2021)