Cts, thermostat or something else???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cts, thermostat or something else???

I've got a 98 a4 with the 2.8l in it. I was having issues with the car running rough/stalling until the car would warm up. It was always weather dependent usually when it was around 50-60 degrees out side . The only codes I was getting were fuel rich errors bank 1 and 2. So I replaced some vac lines it helped but didn't fix the problem. Put in a new cts sensor and the car was running great but the temp gauge would never get up to operating temp. If it was cooler out the needle would never move from cold so I thought the sensor must be bad and got a replacement. With the replacement the idle went back to being rough and the car would almost stall as it was befor the only code I was getting was is for a bank 2 fuel rich error . So I changed the cts back to the original that I purchased . Cars run in great again but I'm worried that maybe there is something else at fault and I don't want the car to over heat and not know about it. I suppose it could actually have a bad thermostat but it was replaced 5k miles ago. I believe the fans are controlled by a separate sensor so hopefully I won't have any over hearing problems . Thoughts on what the problem could be ??? Thanks and sorry for the long winded post
Old 12-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id say after two temp senders and the same temp readings on the gauge you have a bad thermostat.