Audi A8 d3 engine bay wash now electrical issues

Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A8 d3 engine bay wash now electrical issues

Hey everyone I did and engine bay wash , as I left the abs lights came park brake light on traction control light on , got home after about 30 minutes I realized the fans wouldn't stop running and also killed the battery , I charged up battery , took out fan fuse car held the charge took for drive everything was normal and lights still on though , shut car off tried to start it 1 hr later and it turned over n over but wouldn't start , saw a big huge puff of smoke from passenger wheel well scanned car throwing all 8 open circuit injector codes , after alil while car would crank but once u touch gas it shuts off , I know the water has gotten some where n caused my car to short out , is the ecu for this car located on the passenger side towards fire wall under plastic cover ?, I've driven this car without any major issue for the last 2 years it's been good to me , wondering if I shorted the ecu and as I washed the engine my self with pressure washer
Old 10-07-2016, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You'll have better luck posting this in the A8 D3 section. Also you'll want to include where you are located and what year/engine you have.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slammedmax
Hey everyone I did and engine bay wash , as I left the abs lights came park brake light on traction control light on , got home after about 30 minutes I realized the fans wouldn't stop running and also killed the battery , I charged up battery , took out fan fuse car held the charge took for drive everything was normal and lights still on though , shut car off tried to start it 1 hr later and it turned over n over but wouldn't start , saw a big huge puff of smoke from passenger wheel well scanned car throwing all 8 open circuit injector codes , after alil while car would crank but once u touch gas it shuts off , I know the water has gotten some where n caused my car to short out , is the ecu for this car located on the passenger side towards fire wall under plastic cover ?, I've driven this car without any major issue for the last 2 years it's been good to me , wondering if I shorted the ecu and as I washed the engine my self with pressure washer
If i remember this correctly, the ECU is located under the wipers in a really stupid place. Stupid because the drains for that area are known to clog and leak water into the ECU area.