Oil change Audi A8 D2 -95

Old 03-15-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change Audi A8 D2 -95

Hi!

I just bought a "new" Audi and i feel like i might aswell change the oil sooner rather than later, not saying that i don't trust the previous owner it just feels like a good thing to do.

Anyways, when i try to find the filters, oils and seals i feel like there are a few options too many for me to trust my own research. So i ask for someone who can tell me which filter, oil and seals are correct for my car!

Thanks!

(This is also my first post on audiworld so please excuse any mistakes)
Old 03-22-2017, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can't help much as I'm a noon to the audi family myself (2008 a8l), I searched the web and YT, and found that they moved the oil filter around depending on the year, platform and model. My filter is lower right side of the motor and a pain to get to. Just search it and you should find something. I ordered a complete owners manual and service manual on ebay but they didn't help much regarding the filter location. Good luck
Old 03-22-2017, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My bad. I misunderstood your question. You wanted to known what filter, oil to use not location. I understand liqui moly is a good oil. As far as filter, not sure. The previous owner had the oil changed just before I bought the car. I will more than likely take it into audi for the next change in about 8500 miles.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Ross-Tech Wiki (wike.ross-tech.com) notes the following regarding VAG documentation:

"Official Factory Repair Information for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and VAG based Bentley products is available directly from the manufacturers. erWin does include Repair Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) / Technical Product Information (TPI), Vehicle Identification (by VIN) and much more. These sources are broken down by vehicle market including RoW and NAR:

The RoW (Rest of World) market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:
The NAR (North American Region) including USA and Canadian market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:"erWin does not limit the number of downloads of materials during a subscription period. A one day subscription to erWin Audi in the US is $35/day. The information is invaluable (my two cents) if you do your own work on your Audi. This is the same documentation Audi distributes to the dealership and independent garages, which a required to maintain subscriptions to remain Audi certified.

Last edited by WuMu-tien; 03-23-2017 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Add additional DIY-related text.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WuMu-tien
The Ross-Tech Wiki (wike.ross-tech.com) notes the following regarding VAG documentation:

"Official Factory Repair Information for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and VAG based Bentley products is available directly from the manufacturers. erWin does include Repair Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) / Technical Product Information (TPI), Vehicle Identification (by VIN) and much more. These sources are broken down by vehicle market including RoW and NAR:

The RoW (Rest of World) market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:
The NAR (North American Region) including USA and Canadian market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:"erWin does not limit the number of downloads of materials during a subscription period. A one day subscription to erWin Audi in the US is $35/day. The information is invaluable (my two cents) if you do your own work on your Audi. This is the same documentation Audi distributes to the dealership and independent garages, which a required to maintain subscriptions to remain Audi certified.
Out of curiosity, would this have a walk through on the removal of the Throttle Body on an 04 D3 A8L?