A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

100k Maint, poly bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100k Maint, poly bushings?

Im almost to 100k miles, stock shocks / struts, brakes, 3rd set of tires, manual transmission 2010 a4 quattro.

I intend to purchase all at once from ecs the
-- purchase seperately --- set of new tires (i have the s5 Y wheels 19 inch)
hawk sector 27 for front and back
apr downpipe
diverter valve (since 0299p keeps popping up and i get that power to hesitation under load if i dont downshift)
bearings
coilovers (h&r fixed damp)
injen intake
iridium spark plugs (apparently those are better than platinum?)
and my main question is the bushings for the front.

So the upper on both wheels are cracked - i mean halloween is coming up but jacking the car up sounds pretty creepy and i assume the little ball joint at the end of the uppers is probably worn out. The bottom actually has a big ball joint i cant seem to find a replacement for.
So...i really just need bushing suggestions. I wont be dropping the car much more than an inch with the coilovers, im your aggressive driver (spirited is too nice), but i dont care much about lowering the car, i just want a nice solid ride - i would LIKE the bushings to last longer than 50k miles and im not sure where to get what im looking for.

I cant seem to find any poly sets for this car, everyone says they are so much nicer and last twice as long...

lastly, the inner part of the tire wears more than the outer now...K-Mac makes a front upper bushing set from the pictures i cant tell where it really goes. It says it helps or corrects the issue of wear, im just trying to get it back to stock and then some so that my new tires dont wear like these did.

Any help with the Poly bushings would be helpful...and if you want to suggest a change in what i should purchase let me know. I do have the APR stage 1.

thanks in advance