A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

2013 Allroad rack options??

Old 12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, it did open and close without issue. after about 3 weeks of the thule bin riding on them, the glass just barely grabs. I am going to try to modify the plastic housing in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it works out. Even with the glass catching, i think that these are the best looking cross bar option that i have been able to find.
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Custom fit Thule Aeroblade

Though still not as nice as the flush mount, this looks a lot cleaner than having several inches stick out on each side.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrustyA4; 02-24-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Missing "not"
Old 02-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default rack and box

Originally Posted by KrustyA4
Though still as nice as the flush mount, this looks a lot cleaner than having several inches stick out on each side.
Thule rack with Inno Box. Glass opens no problem.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Climberdad
Hello all,

1st post...

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I too have been debating this same question. I have an existing Yak roof rack from my Land Cruisers. I also have an existing Yak receiver bike rack. I decided to give the hitch a go.

Here's the photos you requested

Bruce
How much does the hitch affect ground clearance. I would like to get a hitch but concerned about how much you give away. I'm not planning on doing offroading, but clearance will be helpful in snow. Looks like 2 inches or so?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AutAudi
I got the same color. I like it when it looks grimy like that too. but its usually sparkling clean.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by theSaint024
How much does the hitch affect ground clearance. I would like to get a hitch but concerned about how much you give away. I'm not planning on doing offroading, but clearance will be helpful in snow. Looks like 2 inches or so?

On a flat surface you loose about 2.5 inches in the rear. Overall you really don't loose anything as the center of the chassis is lower than the rear bumper. You'll loose a little more departure angle. I have had no issues with ground clearance. The photo is taken from the ground in front of the vehicle looking towards the rear. The hitch is not even visible at that angle. HTH
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On a flat surface you loose about 2.5 inches in the rear. Overall you really don't loose anything as the center of the chassis is lower than the rear bumper. You'll loose a little more departure angle. I have had no issues with ground clearance. The photo is taken from the ground in front of the vehicle looking towards the rear. The hitch is not even visible at that angle. HTH
That's helpful perspective, exactly what I was wondering. Thanks. What class is your hitch? What brand? Cost? Btw, nice baseboards in the garage.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AutAudi
Can you provide details please? Which thule rack and which Inno box? I really like your set up... if you have a side profile picture you can also provide, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hello all,

1st post...

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I too have been debating this same question. I have an existing Yak roof rack from my Land Cruisers. I also have an existing Yak receiver bike rack. I decided to give the hitch a go.

Here's the photos you requested

Bruce
What brand hitch is that and where did you pick it up? Thanks. I am just starting my research on a hitch.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just bought a 2013 Allroad, and I am trying to get set up with cross bars for bike racks. I used the Thule fit guide, and it recommended the 53" Aeroblade....but there is a huge overhang either side. Has anyone tried the next size down (47") and did it fit ok?

Also - I see a lot of comments on this forum regarding sunroof issues. As I am going with the Thule Rapid Crossroad Footpack + Aeroblade combo, the Thule Fit Guide does not show a warning that the sunroof won't open (which it does show with the Aeroblade Edge).....has anyone installed it & tested that the sunroof will open? I plan on leaving the bike rack on year round so it will be a problem if it doesn't work.

Thanks....any help would be appreciated.
Hattie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Allroad rack options??