A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

2014 painted wheelarches

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2014 painted wheelarches

Hi folks,
I thought you might be interested to see my 2014 A4 allroad PP that I just got back from the paint shop.
Earlier this year I was looking for a silver of black low mileage allroad with the "full paint job", as I prefer the look of the car when it's painted the same color. My dealer however came up with a loaner with a great spec and at a great price in Dakota Grey, so I went ahead and purchased it. The Dakota Grey would not have been my first choice, but it is different (a positive for me)! Everyone says it's grey with a hint of brown, but I'm afraid I cannot see anything other than brown with a hint of grey.
Anyway, a couple fo weeks the stepdaughter managed to damage both her Fiesta and my wife's allroad while backing out of the driveway. I took the opportunity to get the bodyshop to paint the "grey bits" while they were repairing the damage and I picked it up yesterday. The weather here is miserable so the pics aren't great but they give you an idea of how the car looks.
Cheers,
Attached Images    
Old 11-04-2015, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

And another pic...
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!
Does the color match, since it is different material. What was the cost?
Did you take the arches off yourself or did the shop do that?

Thank you
Old 11-05-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TinyRK
Looks great!
Does the color match, since it is different material. What was the cost?
Did you take the arches off yourself or did the shop do that?

Thank you
Yes, the color matches - absolutely - and I specified that it should not be a slightly different finish from the rest of the car (as it is on the black and white OEM wheelarches I've seen). In photos the arches sometimes look different colors because of the different planes involved, but in close up and in good light my eye cannot tell a difference in either color or finish.

The other repair work came to nearly $3000, and some of the work was to replace the two rear bumper sections, so the shop agreed to do the grey plastic work for an additional $650. FYI, I had previously had quotes for $2300 and $12-1500 for the work, so this price was one major factor in my choice of shop (MAACO in Cary - the owner Mike Maxwell did a great job).

The shop did all the work.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm partial to the painted wheel wheels, rockers and bumpers.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Looks very nice!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Looks very nice!
If that was to me, then "thanks". And if to the original poster, I agree.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Both of you !! Nice touch

Our neighbors have an Allroad. It's dark blue and it's a filthy, disgusting roach. It pains me to look at it. Both these cars appear to be kept the way a proper car should be cared for...
Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Both of you !! Nice touch

Our neighbors have an Allroad. It's dark blue and it's a filthy, disgusting roach. It pains me to look at it. Both these cars appear to be kept the way a proper car should be cared for...
Compared to some other colours, white is more work to keep clean, but, to me, it's worth the effort. Glacier white (the colour above) is metallic and actually has a hint of grey when compared with a pure white. It hides modest road dirt better than I'd anticipated.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My wife's Q5 is Glacier White. You're right, Roger, I'm finding it more work to keep clean than I'd like. She seems to pick up tar, etc. almost every week.

Quick Reply: 2014 painted wheelarches