A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

2016- A4 Model change. Will Allroad continue in the States?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Beyond shared chassis series and federal law requiring manufacturers make parts available for at least 10 years after discontinuing a model, it's no different than any other discontinued Audi in the past. Also, there will always be parts available from many other sources for many years to come. I have no problem obtaining parts for my wife's 13 year old 2002 C5 allroad from the dealer or elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone heard anything further on the fate of the Allroad when the new gen A4 comes out? I'm still interested but sales continue to slide (thru March US sales = 638 vehicles -32%. It's seeming less likely that it will continue but I'm waiting for any info on the new gen.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will definitely be a 2016 Allroad in the USA although the body style hasn't changed. I am taking European Delivery of one on June 24th. Supposedly one of the first 2016's off the line. Some options have changed (no more Prestige package and no Driver Assistance package). You can now add the Technology Package to a Premium Plus and get some of the items that used to be for Prestige only.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations! Should be a great trip and ride thereafter.

Originally Posted by dederer
There will definitely be a 2016 Allroad in the USA although the body style hasn't changed. I am taking European Delivery of one on June 24th. Supposedly one of the first 2016's off the line. Some options have changed (no more Prestige package and no Driver Assistance package). You can now add the Technology Package to a Premium Plus and get some of the items that used to be for Prestige only.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This week I asked my dealer if he could locate a new Allroad (prestige/monsoon gray) that I could trade my Avant in for. Did a nation wide search and couldn't locate one that had options I want. Recommended I order what I want - if ordered now, it will be a 2016 model. Also, no Prestige. Would make it a Premium Plus with packages. Going in to discuss details this weekend.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dederer

Hi - curious if you would be willing to share the cost of this Europe vehicle, including shipping to your home? With the Dollar up 20%+ vs the Euro, i have been wondering about the arbitrage opportunity. I need to be in Europe for biz this summer so have been contemplating a purchase there, Feel free to PM me if you'd like to.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Audihoya,

That's not how European Delivery works, you buy the car from a US dealer the same way you'd buy any new car in the states. The only difference is you pick the car up in Germany and then get covered by insurance to drive it for a period in Europe. The typical term is usually 2 weeks but it can be longer or shorter. You have a list of ports you decide in advance from to deliver it to (i.e. like pick up in Germany deliver to a port in Lisbon Portugal or Madrid Spain etc. etc. then the car is shipped to the states and transferred to your dealership the same way most Audis built in Germany get to your dealership. So, you'll probably be home without your car for a week or two (depending on where your home dealership is in relationship to the receiving port, the distance from the shipping port to the receiving port, shipping schedules etc.) Here's Audi's info page on the process: European delivery | Audi USA

So, you're not buying a Euro spec/model vehicle (I wish) nor are you paying in foreign currency. You do usually get a small discount but it's typically not nearly what you can typical negotiate for a vehicle you buy the "regular" way from a dealership (i.e. 2-3% on average depending on the model). To do that (buy a Euro model/spec Audi in Europe and transfer to the US) is a much more expensive and involved process. If it wasn't, I'd own an S4 Avant instead of an A4 Avent.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Actually about 6% off MSRP with an Audi Club of North America membership and their Loyalty program, which is essentially the same as a supplier's discount. :-)
Member Loyalty Program | Audi Club of North America

There's a reason we don't get all Audi models in NA and also why it typically takes a year for new models to arrive. :-(
Old 05-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Huey, I hadn't looked into euro pickup in years and my info was way out of date. 6% is a pretty solid discount but I imagine many of us have negotiated considerably more on the right car at the right time.

What do you think the reason is NA gets such limited models and features? I think it's sales driven, which I understand but is kind of "chicken or the egg". The other big factor is the huge disparity in regulations between the US and the EU. If we ever somehow standardized between the two, an expensive impediment to bringing over new models to this market would be removed (I know, dream on). The sad truth is as of 2015 there's literally no new Audi available in NA that meets all my needs but over a half dozen that do that are sold in Europe (diesal SQ5, and a **** ton of Avants like the S4, S6, RS6 etc.)

I've actually been considering transferring to my work's London office for a year or two just to own some of these Audi Unicorns.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The Audi ED program in the US is automatically 5% off MSRP. Not sure the ACNA 6% program is eligible on the ED program but in any case both programs cannot be combined. However, any Loyalty discounts are eligible on both programs.

Note that you must be an ACNA member for 6 months to qualify for the ACNA discount unless you purchase a lifetime membership. There is no waiting period to qualify for the ED program.

Quick Reply: 2016- A4 Model change. Will Allroad continue in the States?