A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Lumin-X pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumin-X pics

So....we'll see how this turns out. I have a few bubbles/blisters on the front lights, but they started to disappear on the rear lights after a few days, so I'm hoping the same happens on the front. I went for the lightest tint, called "tint". I love the rear lights. Jury is out on the front - I did the headlights and the fogs.

On the first two pics, the left rear is tinted and the right is not. On the third pic, both lights are done. Fourth pic is the front with out tint and the fifth is tinted.
Attached Images      
Old 02-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I really like the rears! What's the installation process like?

After purchasing my '14 allroad I had a clear protection film installed on the hood, front bumper, headlights, foglights, mirrors and rear bumper. The tint option on the rears is really attractive.

Last edited by cjv-baires; 02-07-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks, I love the rears. I think I may go to clear protectors on the headlights.

Installation was pretty easy. Clean the surface, spritz with water, apply the film (aligning one edge and slowly spreading the rest), spritz the outside layer of the flim with water and smooth out bubbles. There's a video on their website. Of course they make it look a little easier than it was for me (but they've probably done it hundreds of times).

The Audi lights can be tricky. Headlights are large. Taillights have some contours on the sides that are challenging. Most of the bubbles come out after a week and the end result looks about as smooth as the normal light.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I noticed they have four tint options and a red film on their website. Which did you install?
Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The lightest one - called "Tint", I believe.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tail lights look great. I'm not usually a fan of any kind of film (other than clear) on lights, but that light tint looks rich.

As for the fronts, I want all the illumination I can get - so it's strictly clear film for me. I use 3M professional, and have a LOT of it on my AR - full front, hood, rockers, wheel wells, lower doors etc.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I really want to tint my taillights now..... not a lot, just to give a nice smoke look like yours.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks everyone. All of the bubbles are gone now. I go could either way on the headlights (and I think Roger has a great point about getting all the light you can). Aesthetically, the rears really do look nice - very happy.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One more pic.
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks even better in that light. I'm convinced, a summer project this year. What colour is your allroad? I have a Scuba Blue and wonder how tinted rears would look.

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
One more pic.

Quick Reply: Lumin-X pics