A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

NEW A/R Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, good to know. I was thinking of getting one of those tow hook ones. Thanks
Old 01-15-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What makes the AR so much better than the VW wagon?
Old 01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kodiak105
What makes the AR so much better than the VW wagon?
IN a word: Refinement.

Granted, we all have our value statements to what we like and preference. Some might think its a good value for the money vs a small CUV such as the X3 or Q5. You might think its not worth the premium vs. the VW wagon.

Have you driven one?
Old 01-16-2015, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The VW line is really quite excellent these days. The Audi is just a step above, as intended, and well executed. I regularly have an opportunity to ride in both. Only you can determine if the Audi premium is worth it..... it is for me.

ps: I also often have a drive in a friend's new Subbie Outback. Nice but not in the same league as the VW or Audi (of course in fairness much less expensive similarly equipped... well, it actually can't be similarly equipped). But "your mileage may vary."

Last edited by Huey52; 01-16-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
The VW line is really quite excellent these days. The Audi is just a step above, as intended, and well executed. I regularly have an opportunity to ride in both. Only you can determine if the Audi premium is worth it..... it is for me.

ps: I also often have a drive in a friend's new Subbie Outback. Nice but not in the same league as the VW or Audi (of course in fairness much less expensive similarly equipped... well, it actually can't be similarly equipped). But "your mileage may vary."
Good analogy.

Its a Lexus vs. Toyota, Acura vs Honda, etc etc........
All very nice cars. My son just got a 2013 civic Si with just 8000 miles at a great price. "For the money" its a great car! Lots of toys to play with, good looks, handsome wheels, great Acura VTEC motor, very good gear box and fun to drive!
Its a Civic mind you. For $18000 it was $7,000 less then new and he got CPO put back 2 years of warranty back on. Car is the same as 2015. Came with Tinted windows and full weather tech mats and trunk liner.

For the money he did great. The Acura ILX is build on the same platform as the Civic and is a nicer car, but costs more!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment.

How new is your friend's Subie? I ask because from everything I've read, the 2015 is apparently much improved over the previous model. ( I anticipate it's still not in Audi's league, but as you point out, neither is its price).
Old 01-16-2015, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

His Subbie is only about six months old at this point. Yes, much improved from prior Outback, but no still nowhere near the VW/Audi's league.

"Take your Subbie offroad to your woodland cabin but take your Audi to the swanky ski resort." - Emme Hall

Originally Posted by roger_1
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment.

How new is your friend's Subie? I ask because from everything I've read, the 2015 is apparently much improved over the previous model. ( I anticipate it's still not in Audi's league, but as you point out, neither is its price).
Old 01-16-2015, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

MY brother gets a pretty basic Outback which when lacking leather, sunroof and Nav still has the same drivetrain and dash layout as the more premium versions.

That said, a $25,000 outback rides the same as the 33k version and for some the better value. A Crosstrek with all the options is about $25,000.

A basic Allroad is a great value if you don't require the amenties that are the Plus and Pristige variants! Same car! Im not knocking the goodies btw, they are nice to have. IM just saying that for some they for example choose:
A loaded A3 or a lessor equiped A4 for the same money. Some percieve the amentities as very important while others would prefer drive train and build quality over it. Its personal preference.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

When I bought my 2013 in May of that year (January build) Audi was essentially giving away the "Tech Package" for free as a late model year incentive. That and a nice assured "supplier's" discount thru Audi Club of North America and I got more than I had been planning to get for a good deal less outlay. Sometimes you get lucky and things time out to your benefit. Or had I planned it that way ....

I honestly didn't care about the B&O, keyless entry/ignition or walnut trim, but very nice to have none the less.

Originally Posted by Nalod
MY brother gets a pretty basic Outback which when lacking leather, sunroof and Nav still has the same drivetrain and dash layout as the more premium versions.

That said, a $25,000 outback rides the same as the 33k version and for some the better value. A Crosstrek with all the options is about $25,000.

A basic Allroad is a great value if you don't require the amenties that are the Plus and Pristige variants! Same car! Im not knocking the goodies btw, they are nice to have. IM just saying that for some they for example choose:
A loaded A3 or a lessor equiped A4 for the same money. Some percieve the amentities as very important while others would prefer drive train and build quality over it. Its personal preference.

Last edited by Huey52; 01-16-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my 2013 in May of that year (January build) Audi was essentially giving away the "Tech Package" for free as a late model year incentive. That and a nice assured "supplier's" discount thru Audi Club of North America and I got more than I had been planning to get for a good deal less outlay. Sometimes you get lucky and things time out to your benefit. Or had I planned it that way ....

I honestly didn't care about the B&O, keyless entry/ignition or walnut trim, but very nice to have none the less.
I confess I wanted all the options mine has - the B&O, keyless entry/ignition, rear camera/parking sensors, Xenons, tech package, sports package, and I enjoy them all everyday.

But I had the luxury of waiting for an Allroad equipped just as I wanted it, even down to exterior and interior colour. Of course, one can't underestimate the value of good luck.

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Keyless, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist

Quick Reply: NEW A/R Purchase