A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

A4 Allroad - Family Duty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sccooper
I have a 6yr old in a forward facing car seat in my B9 Allroad, he sits behind the passenger seat and it's always pretty far back; he says he has plenty of room. He's not fussy about these things.
Can you tell me what brand/model car seat you are using for your son? Trying to get a better visualization of how the space will look like in the back seat.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by modeseven
Can you tell me what brand/model car seat you are using for your son? Trying to get a better visualization of how the space will look like in the back seat.
It's this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Britax-Fronti...x+booster+seat

Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2013 allroad and it has been great with two small kids (ages 10 & 4). Have taken several road trips. Great vehicle.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This community is amazing, thank you everyone for the feedback and I am especially thankful to sccooper for the child seat photos!

Sccooper, how tall person is the front seat adjusted for the passenger side?

Looks like more than enough space for a young family... Now to convince the wife.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This community is amazing, thank you everyone for the feedback and I am especially thankful to sccooper for the child seat photos!

Sccooper, how tall person is the front seat adjusted for the passenger side?

Looks like more than enough space for a young family... Now to convince the wife.
My wife sits there and is 5'8" and always has the seat way back, she just had back surgery and i thinks it back more than normal even. You should be good.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same boat. I wanted a great driving experience while keeping the wife and family happy. I think the B9 allroad is going to achieve that balance, and I finally pick mine up next week after that 3 month wait...phew. I'll definitely take some pics of the car seats in place when I get them in. Currently at the hospital awaiting the arrival of child #2 and we have a 2.5 year old at home. We'll have two rear-facing seats in the car. I tried out the bigger toddler seat when I went for a test drive a few weeks ago. So, I'll throw a pic or two of it down there, too. (I'm 6'1", and had driver's seat in a comfortable driving position.)

car seat info: https://us.britax.com/boulevard-convertible-car-seats

Last edited by _SlugBug_; 01-18-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Add car seat info
Old 01-27-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to everyone's amazing feed back and pictures, it has made my family's decision a lot easier.

A recent car review went up on youtube with an emphasize on small families (child seat, leg room, etc) for the Allroad. I also found it very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVxaPdkJQ4
Old 01-27-2017, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks to everyone's amazing feed back and pictures, it has made my family's decision a lot easier.

A recent car review went up on youtube with an emphasize on small families (child seat, leg room, etc) for the Allroad. I also found it very helpful.

Man, finally a family friendly review. Wish that had been around 4 months ago, would've made the job of convincing my wife so much easier.

I've just finished properly installing and arranging all the seats (adult's and kid's). I think we've found a pretty great compromise. The car just fits like a damn glove, especially with the sport seats. It ain't roomy, but it is comfy, and sporty as hell.

I'll still try and snap some good shots of the kid seats in my car just for anyone's future reference. These threads are always so helpful to people looking for that perfect balance of family and fun.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

That's a very thorough review. But 2 issues. He states the backup camera is not clear and the Quattro Ultra kicks into standard Quattro when the outside temperature gets to a low enough number.
The backup camera is as sharp as a tack - his just needs to be wiped off and the Quattro system is engaged not by low temps, but on road conditions - whether, snow, rain, ice, loose gravel, mud, etc, where the system senses some type of slippage.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
That's a very thorough review. But 2 issues. He states the backup camera is not clear and the Quattro Ultra kicks into standard Quattro when the outside temperature gets to a low enough number.
The backup camera is as sharp as a tack - his just needs to be wiped off and the Quattro system is engaged not by low temps, but on road conditions - whether, snow, rain, ice, loose gravel, mud, etc, where the system senses some type of slippage.
My dealer told me that cold weather was a condition that engaged quattro full time.
I just did a 400 mile highway trip yesterday in 30-35F degree weather that was boringly straight and was able to get 33mpg. Is this in line with what the "normal" quattros on the sedans are getting for highway? I'll be curious to see what kind of straight highway mileage I get in warmer weather to compare.

I was also told that putting it into Offroad and Dynamic Modes, or Sport locks up the clutch for the drive shaft to keep it in quattro full time.

Quick Reply: A4 Allroad - Family Duty?