A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Am I crazy or is Audi or both?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Am I crazy or is Audi or both?

I posted this on the A4 forum, but also posting here, well because it's an Allroad. Besides, this Allroad forum needs some more traffic - even light traffic.... I ordered the front license plate fillers from Audiparts - at a discount, mind you. About $28.00 each piece - plus 13.00 shipping and tax - came to over $70.00. Ok, forget the tax and shipping ($13.00 shipping - package weighs less than 1 lb and was only 12 miles away) but 56.00 for these 2 pieces of plastic - maybe 4" tall? I mean did the cost Audi about a couple of bucks each? I get that companies have to make a profit and I ain't a cheap guy - I just spent almost 4k on Expel, coating, 034 tranny mount, front strut bar, puddle lights on my Allroad and hardly batted an eye, but, wtf, I just feel like I got taken on this one - not from the dealer, but from Audi. I'm tempted on principle alone just to send them back.
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
I posted this on the A4 forum, but also posting here, well because it's an Allroad. Besides, this Allroad forum needs some more traffic - even light traffic.... I ordered the front license plate fillers from Audiparts - at a discount, mind you. About $28.00 each piece - plus 13.00 shipping and tax - came to over $70.00. Ok, forget the tax and shipping ($13.00 shipping - package weighs less than 1 lb and was only 12 miles away) but 56.00 for these 2 pieces of plastic - maybe 4" tall? I mean did the cost Audi about a couple of bucks each? I get that companies have to make a profit and I ain't a cheap guy - I just spent almost 4k on Expel, coating, 034 tranny mount, front strut bar, puddle lights on my Allroad and hardly batted an eye, but, wtf, I just feel like I got taken on this one - not from the dealer, but from Audi. I'm tempted on principle alone just to send them back.
Did you ever priced the phone cables from Audi?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Clearly you don't realize how much engineering goes into the design, planning and production of these pieces... also this is not just any plastic, but some compound that is patented by Audi BS... I mean AG... /s ...
Old 03-27-2017, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Did you ever priced the phone cables from Audi?
I got two "included" with my 2017 A4. Yep, $60.00 for the Apple cable - incredible.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes! Talk about margins - almost criminal to charge $13 for shipping on top of that... that's pretty outrageous all around.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you know why the STEALERSHIP folks look so nice and clean.
My closest stealership which is in Southampton, NY (not near me and the rich folks) has the following sign in the immaculate waiting room. " Ladies, if you are here on a Saturday, you are entitled to a free manicure while you wait". Nice huh? What about me, what do I get?
Well, their magazines are up to date . :-)
Old 03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Gotland
Yikes! Talk about margins - almost criminal to charge $13 for shipping on top of that... that's pretty outrageous all around.
I don't know what margins the dealers have on these items - I'm guessing that Audi charge to the dealer is what it is - this is the parts dept of a NJ dealer. And it took 5 days to get to me from less then 15 miles away.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I usually do customer pickup for that site, they're off route 3.

If you think the filler piece is $$, the sun visor clip is around $40. Every Audi I've had (except the allroad) has broken those clips.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by breadbooze
I usually do customer pickup for that site, they're off route 3.

If you think the filler piece is $$, the sun visor clip is around $40. Every Audi I've had (except the allroad) has broken those clips.

I broke a few visor clips and the service department simply gave me new ones - to their credit, they said it was a warranty issue. I believe I read somewhere that these clips are so fragile because Audi sees it as a safety issue.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 376 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Clearly you don't realize how much engineering goes into the design, planning and production of these pieces... also this is not just any plastic, but some compound that is patented by Audi BS... I mean AG... /s ...
You forgot the incorporation of Black Forest fairy dust into the plastic that makes them magical.