A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Any Allroaders going w/o front plates

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
When I ordered my Allroad, I selected the option for front plate delete. What does that mean? Does it come with a filler plate?
I hope so, but am thinking it just does not come with the standard front mounting bracket. The actual filler plates may just be in addition to the front plate delete option.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I hope so, but am thinking it just does not come with the standard front mounting bracket. The actual filler plates may just be in addition to the front plate delete option.
The front plate holder snaps in to a recessed mounting the grille. On the sedan, it is a single horizontal mount. On the allroad, there are two vertical mounts.

The filler is just a plate that snaps in to cover the mounting to make it flush. "Plate delete" means this filler is installed and NO plate bracket is included.

On previous cars, there were separate versions of grilles depending on market, and whether a plate is required or not. This new method is vastly simplified.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
The front plate holder snaps in to a recessed mounting the grille. On the sedan, it is a single horizontal mount. On the allroad, there are two vertical mounts.

The filler is just a plate that snaps in to cover the mounting to make it flush. "Plate delete" means this filler is installed and NO plate bracket is included.

On previous cars, there were separate versions of grilles depending on market, and whether a plate is required or not. This new method is vastly simplified.
Thanks for the clarification. On my A4, my dealer just ordered and gave that to me for free and wouldn't you know after a month it got stolen! Bought a new one and kept the filler on until I traded it in for the Allroad.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you guys know where I can find a US mount that works with a european license on a Q7 (2015) w/o front plate option. I have a custom made EU plate that I would like to install on my Q7. thx
Old 02-28-2017, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Do you guys know where I can find a US mount that works with a european license on a Q7 (2015) w/o front plate option. I have a custom made EU plate that I would like to install on my Q7. thx
I don't know of anything off the top of my head. Your specific sub-forum might have folks with more knowledge. On the 4M, you could just purchase the european plate insert.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
I don't know of anything off the top of my head. Your specific sub-forum might have folks with more knowledge. On the 4M, you could just purchase the european plate insert.
Thank you for your response. I'll post something to the Q7 forum, makes sense... it's just that I am waiting for my allroad in two weeks, so I hang out here... plus I think people here are much cooler ;-) ... cheers!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
... it's just that I am waiting for my allroad in two weeks, so I hang out here... plus I think people here are much cooler ;-) ... cheers!
Becasue.........wagon life.