A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Audi Club of NA, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boldenmd
I joined the same day I bought my allroad. I figure it will come in handy at some point.
Took me a couple of weeks to join. I wonder why it's not somethings dealerships are pushing or at least encouraging, or even mentioning with certain vehicles. When I bought my Macan it was strongly suggested to join. Actually, that Macan dealership does something I wish all dealerships would do - and that's have monthly of bi-monthly meetings/classes to go over different features of the car and/or advice or help with certain issues a customer may be having.

Joining a club as well as those dealership meetings/classes encourage loyalty to the brand as well as to the dealership. It also adds to a better car ownership experience because you have more knowledge about your car. Even though younger people are way more tech savvy than older people, there's still tons of quirky tech in these cars that most of can better appreciate if presented in some type of meeting, complete with visuals. Long gone are the days of the dealership handing over the keys, post sale and saying "here's the ignition, here's the AC button, and this is how you manually reset the radio" and you are done, fully aware of the car's features. Some of today's cars (A4's on the higher end f the list) are smack full of tech.

If I ran a dealership, I'd have those classes sure, but then again, I'm from Brooklyn, so whadda I know?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Figured I would bump this thread as I am coming up to renewal time. Other than the quarterly Quattro magazine, I have not gotten any other benefit from the club, as my car is already bought and the dealerships routinely run a 10 - 15% discount on parts/service.
Anyone else renewing their membership?
Old 04-06-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Use my membership regularly

Originally Posted by bob m
Figured I would bump this thread as I am coming up to renewal time. Other than the quarterly Quattro magazine, I have not gotten any other benefit from the club, as my car is already bought and the dealerships routinely run a 10 - 15% discount on parts/service.
Anyone else renewing their membership?
I routinely enjoy participating in activities with the Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida chapters. The Georgia club's annual quattro de Mayo begins in about 3 weeks with drives on some of the best roads in the Smokey Mountains, and I routinely go to the Petit LeMans races at Road Atlanta. I've been to Daytona (for the Rolex 24) and Sebring (for the 12 hours) with the Florida club. And that's without having an active club in my area. I'm going to participate in the TTOA rally from St Louis en route to the Club's National Event in Tacoma this August and the HPDE events that are held in conjunction with the National.

I've also used the membership to get 6% off the last 3 Audis we acquired. I know that it might be possible to get a greater discount (and I've done that in the past) but I have a good relationship with my dealer, service manager, and shop foreman and so I don't mind letting them make a small profit from my business.

Obviously our situations are different. I use my membership benefits regularly and enjoy my interactions with club members, so I will be renewing (normally for 3 years at a time).