A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Fog Issue - any one else? A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Issue - any one else? A4

Hi All

Just picked up my new 2017 A4 Premium Plus. Its been a great ride so far and get excited each time I drive. However, i am noticing something and am not sure if its something I can easily correct. This is my first car (always took public transit before purchase). The car stays in a heated underground garage however its been super cold in the mornings (30's) while the garage is (70's) When i leave for the mornings, I notice that the car is extremely fogged up after 2-3 min. I dont necessarily need heat on in the morning but should I be turning on the air or the heat to remedy the problem?

Anyone else face this issue?

Sorry for the newb question
Old 12-04-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have an A4 and a non heated garage. Don't have the same problem you have.
But I THINK it is the cold air outside condensing on a warmer surface, your windows and the entire car probably. Try leaving the car outside on a cold night and you may not have the fogging problem the next morning. Worth a try.
Think this could happen to anyone with any kind of car.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Firefighter
I also have an A4 and a non heated garage. Don't have the same problem you have.
But I THINK it is the cold air outside condensing on a warmer surface, your windows and the entire car probably. Try leaving the car outside on a cold night and you may not have the fogging problem the next morning. Worth a try.
Think this could happen to anyone with any kind of car.
It is exactly that. I had the same problem too where I'd cranked the heat up but it was very cold outside and the entire car fogged up so bad that I couldn't see. I'd actually forgotten that the heat was turned up.
It has happened to me before too, in my other cars. Nothing to worry about. Just the laws of nature working the way it should.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmoham1
I notice that the car is extremely fogged up after 2-3 min.
My car is also parked in a heated garage. During winter months, I leave the front window defroster on, with the fan at a very low speed. This prevents fogging, and simultaneously heats the car's interior-- at least on my 2013 allroad. I expect this will work just as well in my 2017 (arriving in a couple of weeks).

Wow! The allroad is your very first car. You made a great choice. Congratulations, and enjoy.

Last edited by lifjoy; 12-04-2016 at 10:50 AM.