A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Fog Lights?

In all the photos I have seen the insert at the bottom of the bumper where we assume the fog lights go is blank. Is it true that fog lights are not available on this car? If so, very strange.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are fog lights front and rear on all trims of the Allroad. They are just more integrated than the previous model.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

In the B9, the fog lights (?) are integrated into the headlight cluster. They call it all weather lights. It works well so yea.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks all!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Losing traditional fogs, placed low to the ground as they should be, for Drivers Assistant cameras is still a lose in my book, both in the looks and functional departments. To me, fogs really should be a yellow light and it looks like there is no way to accomplish that change in the B9.
I've been toying with the idea of ordering a non DAP equipped prestige and repurpose some DAP grills to hold fog lights instead. Maybe try adapting some B8.5 units first. Need to get my eyes or some pix of how the DAP cameras mount up behing the grills first. If anyone has the bumper off of a DAP equipped vehicle I would love some pix. Going to see if I can find some online images of the DAP cameras as well to see if I can determine something like this would even be possible.
Interested in hearing thoughts and opinions.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Losing traditional fogs, placed low to the ground as they should be, for Drivers Assistant cameras is still a lose in my book, both in the looks and functional departments. To me, fogs really should be a yellow light and it looks like there is no way to accomplish that change in the B9.
I've been toying with the idea of ordering a non DAP equipped prestige and repurpose some DAP grills to hold fog lights instead. Maybe try adapting some B8.5 units first. Need to get my eyes or some pix of how the DAP cameras mount up behing the grills first. If anyone has the bumper off of a DAP equipped vehicle I would love some pix. Going to see if I can find some online images of the DAP cameras as well to see if I can determine something like this would even be possible.
Interested in hearing thoughts and opinions.
Bypassing all the arguments about whether fog lamps make enough difference to be worth it, and assuming you're mainly interested in aesthetics, it does look like it's at the complex end of the scale; good aftermarket mod description here (although on an S6).

All depends on your priorities of course - it does look good!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Bypassing all the arguments about whether fog lamps make enough difference to be worth it, and assuming you're mainly interested in aesthetics, it does look like it's at the complex end of the scale; good aftermarket mod description here (although on an S6).

All depends on your priorities of course - it does look good!
Lets just go with the aesthetics reason, yes, because you know what? I do like the look of true Foglights a lot.
I installed the OEM fogs on my JSW and it really wasn't bad at all. Keep in mind, I went the route of bypassing the ECU so it was a pretty simple relay install and some wiring to the Euro switch. I would probably try and take a similar route in the B9 as well. My concern is not so much with the wiring though as it is with the actual ability to mount them in the DAP camera location. Actually having the Allroad already would certainly help with this adventure as well. But I still have some time before that happens. Can't hurt to start prepping in the meantime though!

Also, thank you for that link. Good to know its been accomplished in other capacities. I'm very much considering this.

Last edited by Fantasiamon; 03-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Lets just go with the aesthetics reason, yes, because you know what? I do like the look of true Foglights a lot.
I installed the OEM fogs on my JSW and it really wasn't bad at all. Keep in mind, I went the route of bypassing the ECU so it was a pretty simple relay install and some wiring to the Euro switch. I would probably try and take a similar route in the B9 as well. My concern is not so much with the wiring though as it is with the actual ability to mount them in the DAP camera location. Actually having the Allroad already would certainly help with this adventure as well. But I still have some time before that happens. Can't hurt to start prepping in the meantime though!

Also, thank you for that link. Good to know its been accomplished in other capacities. I'm very much considering this.
I suspect you're a lot braver about drilling holes in your car than I am!
Anyway, I think it will look really good, and I'm sure everyone will be keen to see the photos if you do!
Old 03-13-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe this will help. That radar unit looks a bit more shallow than most fog light units I've seen. Also confirmed non-DAP and DAP equipped allroads in the US have the same bumper covers, only the grills are different. Let me know if you need DAP grill part numbers.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by breadbooze
Maybe this will help. That radar unit looks a bit more shallow than most fog light units I've seen. Also confirmed non-DAP and DAP equipped allroads in the US have the same bumper covers, only the grills are different. Let me know if you need DAP grill part numbers.
This does help! Great start!
And you're right, the camera unit does looks shallower than most fog lamps - but I believe in the idea, and will eventually see it through. Again, I hope nobody gets their hopes up on knowing if this does (or does not) work immediately though, from me at least, because I most likely won't have my 2018 until Sept/Oct earliest.

I would be grateful if you were able to share the DAP Grill Part #'s - really appreciate it. Also, I wouldn't be mad in the least if you checked for the Black Optics DAP Grill Part #'s at the same time. That would be perfecto! I wonder if the Allroad grills are different and if they even make Black Optics stuff for them.

Anyway, I will happily take any info you can share.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights?