A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Front license plate

Does anyone have a good solution for a front license plate holder and location? Until I find a good way to it, mine's "location" is on the back floor<G>.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Does anyone have a good solution for a front license plate holder and location? Until I find a good way to it, mine's "location" is on the back floor<G>.

Thanks!
Check this product out!

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Powe.../dp/B001TLLZ4E

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 12-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Check this product out!
No thanks, not with 19% 1-star ratings.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone found a part number for the front plate filler pieces on the allroad? I can find the horizontal ones for sedan B9 A4 online for $30 all day but nothing for the allroad with those two vertical pieces. The dealership told me $66 each and never gave me the part number(s).
Old 12-25-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by sccooper
Has anyone found a part number for the front plate filler pieces on the allroad? I can find the horizontal ones for sedan B9 A4 online for $30 all day but nothing for the allroad with those two vertical pieces. The dealership told me $66 each and never gave me the part number(s).
Right:
8W9-807-287-A -MX3

Left:
8W9-807-287- -MX3
Old 12-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Right:
8W9-807-287-A -MX3

Left:
8W9-807-287- -MX3

Thank you!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:13 AM
GSL
AudiWorld Newcomer

Seems like a lot of people owning various Audi models have issues with the front license plate (either getting rid of the bracket, or needing to mount a front license plate and not having a bracket). I just picked up a 2017 allroad with a bracket that I'd like to remove (I'm in a state not requiring front license). Can I just remove the two "screws" and pull off the bracket? Is there something under there besides the 2 holes? Is this the situation where you need the filler pieces discussed above? Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GSL
Seems like a lot of people owning various Audi models have issues with the front license plate (either getting rid of the bracket, or needing to mount a front license plate and not having a bracket). I just picked up a 2017 allroad with a bracket that I'd like to remove (I'm in a state not requiring front license). Can I just remove the two "screws" and pull off the bracket? Is there something under there besides the 2 holes? Is this the situation where you need the filler pieces discussed above? Thanks for any advice.
Maybe we should talk about finding your bracket a new home in Missouri. My dealer wants an outrageous price for one.

AFAIK the "filler panel" is the horizontal smooth panel in the area highlighted in purple on the attached photo. Mine has two rectangular inserts that look like they can be knocked out to fit the front plate bracket, but I haven't tried that yet.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GSL
The good news is there are screw holes provided that can be covered up once your remove the bracket, as opposed to your bumper being permanently ruined with some random screw holes in it. The bad news is you will need the the two filler pieces once removed. I removed my license plate bracket day 1 and have been running without it a month, looks better in my opinion from a distance looking at the front of the car than a plate bracket in the middle of the gorgeous grill. My filler plates ordered online will be here Thursday, the part numbers for the allroad are in this thread. I'll post a new picture when I get them, but here's what you'll look like without them.

Last edited by sccooper; 01-02-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sccooper's photo makes me think the "filler panels" are NOT the entire horizontal bar--just the two rectangular plugs that blank out the holes when no front plate is installed.

That tempts me to try to pop those plugs out and see what I can do to fit an old SAAB bracket I have in the garage. The allroad would make a nice place to show tribute to the 2001 SAAB 9-5 wagon -- one helluva great car, well-balanced combination of comfort and performance, all in a great-looking body.

Quick Reply: Front license plate