A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Have you met another B9 Allroad in the wild?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you met another B9 Allroad in the wild?

Silly question, but have you met another B9 Allroad out in the wild? I have come to the realization about just how rare these cars really are (at least in my part of the country). I had to call three different dealership before I found an Allroad that was actually on the dealer lot for viewing and test drive... and even then it was their courtesy vehicle. It might have been bad timing on my part, but it felt like I was hunting for a unicorn.

Last edited by modeseven; 01-13-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what part of the country you are in. On Long Island, there seem to be a dribbling stream coming in to dealers, and pretty much selling right away. I have seen a few on the road as well. Mine is coming end of Feb/early March.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very few. I drove to Mass from NYC area to get mine.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen one on the road yet around me. Most of the dealers have 0-2 in inventory. I wonder if certain region do the bulk of sales? Last year Audi sold about 200 per month in the U.S. in Dec. It was 300. I expect the new B9 will sell more units.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In late November, a week before I ordered mine, I saw a dark Gray Allroad drive by. It was beautiful, so I chased it down to learn the color. I asked the owner, and it was Manhattan Gray- 3 weeks old. Sweet. It convinced me to go with Monsoon Gray.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered mine in late November and am looking at a May delivery... I have yet to see one in the wild, and the dealer has only one come through and that was sold. So as far as the Midwest is concerned it is a unicorn!

I followed the total on cars . Com, when released there were about 240 showing in stock, now there are about 170 and very few with pictures so probably very few on lots. It sucks to wait till May, I certainly didn't expect a 6 month wait!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mikec157
So as far as the Midwest is concerned it is a unicorn!
If your dealer won't get on the dealer network and find the one you want, switch dealers.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here in TX the dealers all seemed to have 1 to 2 on the lot when I was shopping a month ago. When I branched my search out to the northeast I saw a lot in the Boston area, like 15 or more. I hear this car is sold the most in Colorado, Pacific Northwest and Northeast and they get most of the allocation. In Dallas I've seen a couple older allroads but no B9 other than myself yet.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
If your dealer won't get on the dealer network and find the one you want, switch dealers.
Yeah, I thought about that but the dealer is local and has been good in past. When I placed the order they predicted three months, but after order was accepted then it was 1017 build week. There is nothing online that I can find that is manhatten grey on grey with the full paint.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a few B8.5 versions around me, but I have not seen a 2017. For reasons I am not going into here, I needed a new tire and took it in locally (Audi was too far away to drive on an unsafe tire), their computer did not even have the car listed yet. Despite that two mechanics complimented me on the wagon specifically, and really seemed to like the car. One who pulled it into the garage was even surprised by the power it unexpectedly had when he gunned it slightly in the lot. The dealer I got mine at is Massive with easily 300 plus cars in inventory, and they have gotten their hands on maybe 5 of the new Allroads.

It constantly amazes me that car people fully recognize that advantages to wagons, and almost universally like them, when the general public in the US just does not get it.

Quick Reply: Have you met another B9 Allroad in the wild?