A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Manhattan Grey Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppe1.8T
The wait is pretty much killing me as I am not a very patient person! Looks like I may be in the same production batch as I ordered mine on 1/23 and am told April build date. I have no other information though but was told that I'd receive more soon. So realistically end of May beginning of June delivery for me. Gotland Green, Gray/black interior with sport, prem +, tech, cold weather and aluminum inlays. Two months down, two to go! This car better be worth the wait!
Compared to your A3, it is night and day. My S3 is superb on power delivery, but even in "Comfort" mode, it's a very firm, choppy ride on some of our crappy streets here. Go to your dealer and drive an A4 and you'll instantly appreciate the longer wheelbase and higher profile tires. The Allroad will ride even better than the sedan. My "inner kid" sucked me into the S3 and admittedly, it's a gas to whip around corners and catapult from a green light. I'm ready to get into my Allroad....looking forward to June.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Compared to your A3, it is night and day. My S3 is superb on power delivery, but even in "Comfort" mode, it's a very firm, choppy ride on some of our crappy streets here. Go to your dealer and drive an A4 and you'll instantly appreciate the longer wheelbase and higher profile tires. The Allroad will ride even better than the sedan. My "inner kid" sucked me into the S3 and admittedly, it's a gas to whip around corners and catapult from a green light. I'm ready to get into my Allroad....looking forward to June.
Well my "inner kid" sucked me from going to a Q5 to the A3 (with sport package) but with two growing boys 4 and 6 the allroad makes the most sense. The A3 is a great quick little car. I had a 2010 6spd S4 and 2013 Stronic S4 and I think the A3 with sport would give them a run off the line and no doubt the S3 would walk all over it. Not bashing the S4 but the A3/S3 just feels lighter and more nimble. Now the Allroad gives me the cargo space I need but still maintains the sporty character I seek for in a car. I did get to test drive the Allroad on two occasions and thoroughly enjoyed both rides. I do have a 2013 modified Fiat 500 Abarth as a toy to have my fun alone time with so I really think a more proper "family" car is necessary! Can't wait!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The S3 hits 60 in 4.4 seconds from a standing start....and stops on a dime and leaves change.

Oddly, I found the AudiUSA website Allroad build page only shows Premium and Premium Plus....no Prestige. I stopped by my dealer this morning and changed my order since I have plenty of time at present. So many posters here really like the Prestige's acoustic insulated front door windows and the HUD, so I went for it.
Still doing the full paint in Manhattan Gray over Rock Gray, Sport Package, Gray Oak inlays. Looks like an early July delivery.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought that too about the audi usa website once. Then I realized I had to slide the screen page over to the left, and I was able to see the Prestige option in Configurator.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The S3 hits 60 in 4.4 seconds from a standing start....and stops on a dime and leaves change.

Oddly, I found the AudiUSA website Allroad build page only shows Premium and Premium Plus....no Prestige. I stopped by my dealer this morning and changed my order since I have plenty of time at present. So many posters here really like the Prestige's acoustic insulated front door windows and the HUD, so I went for it.
Still doing the full paint in Manhattan Gray over Rock Gray, Sport Package, Gray Oak inlays. Looks like an early July delivery.
I really like the HUD functionality but I was blown away by the insulated windows. They do make the cabin really quiet... beyond my expectations!
Old 03-31-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

They refer to them as insulated windows, so I was half expecting them to have an airspace, like in a residential window. But in feeling the edges today, I realized that they are laminated, like a windshield is. Two pieces of glass laminated to a plastic layer in the middle of the sandwich.

I remember when the Mk VII Golf was introduced, I saw a British reviewer that claimed that the windscreen (as they call it) was thicker, making for a quieter interior.

As an architect, I know that we can get really quiet buildings if we opt for triple glazing. Interesting that laminated glazing can be so effective.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppe1.8T
The wait is pretty much killing me as I am not a very patient person! Looks like I may be in the same production batch as I ordered mine on 1/23 and am told April build date. I have no other information though but was told that I'd receive more soon. So realistically end of May beginning of June delivery for me. Gotland Green, Gray/black interior with sport, prem +, tech, cold weather and aluminum inlays. Two months down, two to go! This car better be worth the wait!
I'll be interested in seeing what your gray interior with the Gotland Green looks like. Haven't seen that combo yet, and I bet it will be spectacular. I have the same car except an all black sport interior. I waited almost 4 months for mine, but well worth it. It's a Great automobile.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I thought that too about the audi usa website once. Then I realized I had to slide the screen page over to the left, and I was able to see the Prestige option in Configurator.
I can't get it to slide! Tried clicking on "continue" and sliding the mouse....no workee. Oddly, I can get other pages to sequence if necessary. Not a big deal...
Old 04-01-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't get it to slide! Tried clicking on "continue" and sliding the mouse....no workee. Oddly, I can get other pages to sequence if necessary. Not a big deal...
The audiusa website is not the greatest. There are certain configurations in the builder that you can't make, but that are available. I wanted a prestige Allroad with gray/gray sport seats, but the configuration always defaults to black interior when you select either the warm weather or sport packages. The configuration is available, though.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Try reducing the size of type on the webpage, by scaling it down, or making your browser window larger. It is likely a compatibility issue with your browser. The Website is working fine now, even if I reduce the browser window way down, at least on Safari.

Quick Reply: Manhattan Grey Question