A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

My B9 allroad Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:55 AM
sr_
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order is now en route and shows up on the dealer's site as "in transit"--but the color on the dealer's site is wrong. Dealer site = scuba blue. My order confirmation sheet correctly says midnight blue.

Anyone have an idea whether this is a known issue with new VINs or the website sometimes identifying the wrong blue? Or should I be worried that the dealer got the order wrong?

This wouldn't be a good position under any circumstances, but I've been waiting since November (I assume the sales hold delayed things) and it'll be about another month before the ship arrives in the states.

Thanks!

(PS, build = midnight blue, regular two-tone, prestige, driver assistance, and sport packages.)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sr_
My order is now en route and shows up on the dealer's site as "in transit"--but the color on the dealer's site is wrong. Dealer site = scuba blue. My order confirmation sheet correctly says midnight blue.

Anyone have an idea whether this is a known issue with new VINs or the website sometimes identifying the wrong blue? Or should I be worried that the dealer got the order wrong?

This wouldn't be a good position under any circumstances, but I've been waiting since November (I assume the sales hold delayed things) and it'll be about another month before the ship arrives in the states.

Thanks!

(PS, build = midnight blue, regular two-tone, prestige, driver assistance, and sport packages.)
I would check with the dealer as they can look into their systems to double-check... but in the US there's no "midnight blue" (I assume you meant "Moonlight Blue"). My Allroad is also in transit and the color identified in the website is "audi exclusive color"... however in the system, which can be assessed by the sales rep at the dealer, the color is correctly identified.

Last edited by Fdvigna; 03-08-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-08-2017, 01:20 PM
sr_
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
I would check with the dealer as they can look into their systems to double-check... but in the US there's no "midnight blue" (I assume you meant "Moonlight Blue"). My Allroad is also in transit and the color identified in the website is "audi exclusive color"... however in the system, which can be assessed by the sales rep at the dealer, the color is correctly identified.
Thanks. Yeah, I meant moonlight blue (code W1W1). Dealer says everything should be fine because the order in their system still says moonlight blue--so I'm hopeful but not entirely convinced.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sr_
Thanks. Yeah, I meant moonlight blue (code W1W1). Dealer says everything should be fine because the order in their system still says moonlight blue--so I'm hopeful but not entirely convinced.
your dealer can provide you with a screen shot of the order where you can see what's in their system. it should have all that info re the car, including order date and confirmation, manufacturing ETA, shipment, delivery... if they don't want to provide you with the info ask for the COMM #. Here in the forum you can find someone with system access and he can look it up for you.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
UPDATED 2/28/2017

Hi! I didn’t see the allroad subforum until just now. I posted an introduction to my car over on the main B9 page, but I figured I’d add a couple new shots here.

My car is Gotland Green with Nougat Brown interior and the Gray Oak inlays with all optional packages. It’s a stunning combination, and these pictures look good but definitely do not do it service until you see it in person. This was the only one of its kind when I picked it up.

I do love wagons, and would love a regular Avant (S4 for sure!) but settled on this primarily for the tech. I used to work for VW’s ERL, and now a supplier, and much of what I helped build is in this thing. Pretty cool. So like my outgoing RoW-conversion 2016 Golf R, I plan on retrofitting many things to this that we don’t get here or are left out as a cost-saving measure. (This also means I have access to resources most don’t.)

Modifications List

Exterior
- RoW Matrix Beam LED headlights with dynamic turn signals
- RoW LED tail lights (with amber dynamic turn signals)
- 20” HRE FF01 wheels (20x9 ET25) with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (255/35R20)
- 034 Dynamic+ Lowering Springs
- 034 Transmission Mount Insert
- 034 Front Strut Brace
- Color-matched reflector
- Front plate filler
- OEM headlight washing system
- resonator delete
- RoW auto-dimming aspherical mirror glass
- OEM S4 aluminum mirror caps

Interior
- S4 red ring start/stop switch
- premium carpets
- door warning lights
- Audi Beam “rings” LED entry lights, front/rear
- warning triangles
- RoW first aid kit
- S-Line pedal caps
- RoW rear seat headrests, low profile
- RoW rear cargo rails
- OEM trunk liner
- Auto Hold button
- button panel with parallel parking assist + park assist

In Progress
- front and rear RoW bumpers to finish parallel parking assistant

Planned
- intake
- tune
- exhaust

I absolutely love this car! And can’t wait to share the progress.

[IMG]https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/
t31.0-8/16178713_10158206376500584_3911194652046482570_o.j pg?oh=6a1667f98fa887563905ee2e90f3c603&oe=590EE8E5[/IMG]

New photos, 2/28/2017

I was wondering how confortable the 034 Dynamic+ Lowering Springs are? Does it change a lot the confort of the car? I'm living in Montreal, the road are far from perfect...! Thanks!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalamata
I was wondering how confortable the 034 Dynamic+ Lowering Springs are? Does it change a lot the confort of the car? I'm living in Montreal, the road are far from perfect...! Thanks!
They are very comfortable. They maintain all of the positive characteristics of the OEM driving feel while improving handling and looks. There is some change, but not enough to deter you from the purchase. I live in the SF Bay Area and our roads are pretty terrible, too.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

wdimagineer, did you post a pic of your trunk with the "RoW rear cargo rails" mod? Easy to install? Thanks! Love your car!
Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't recall if I ever did, at least not on here. I'll clean it up and take a snap.

If I had to pick a word to describe installation it would be irritating.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Beautiful car Kalamata - very nice set-up. Just ordered my first Audi A4 allroad Premium Plus in Moonlight Blue with Nougat Brown interior. First car in 20+ years as I just moved to CA from NYC. Was considering the A4 but decided to go all in and get the car I always wanted. Lands stateside bet. 4/13 - 4/29 and then another 2 weeks to the dealer from San Diego. Please keep posting photos guys!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eric_p
wdimagineer, did you post a pic of your trunk with the "RoW rear cargo rails" mod? Easy to install? Thanks! Love your car!
Sorry - didn't forget. Here's a few pics. In addition to replacing most of the boot floor supports, you also need the bits that go inside the tool kit. This includes the telescoping luggage holders and the 4x adjustable cleats.

Quick Reply: My B9 allroad Build