A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

New Allroad owner in South Florida

Old 02-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Allroad owner in South Florida

Hi, everyone!

Well, my head is still spinning, but I just bought a 2017 Allroad. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have told you my next car was going to be a Porsche Macan. I had configured model after model and scoped out the inventory within a thousand miles. But the new Allroad came across my radar after I saw a video on YouTube and the interior blew me away.

Just Thursday afternoon, I started searching inventories and a local dealer had just gotten in an Allroad for someone who decided they didn't want it. I was just going to take a look this morning (and half expected the car to be sold before i got there)... Plus I was dubious about a full paint car, and the pictures the sales manager sent me didn't do it justice.

I fell in love at first sight! What a marvelous machine! It's my first Audi, too (My last three cars were Mercedes, but this Allroad outclasses them all).

Audi Allroad at dusk

Taking delivery at Audi Fort Lauderdale

Taking delivery at Audi Fort Lauderdale

Audi Allroad in traffic on the drive home from the dealer
Old 02-04-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Congratulations on your Allroad. Soooooo, which model Macan were you looking at? Every model can get pricey, very pricey real quickly. Both the Allroad and Macan have their pluses and minuses vis a vis each other and I still think the Macans are the nicest looking CUV's out there, but the Allroad is way more practical.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks! I was looking at getting a Macan S, although the way the options kept adding up I started wondering if I should stretch to the GTS (so the Allroad saved me about $15K-$20K). I finally saw a perfect lot car the other day that met all of my requirements; it was a Macan Turbo, actually, with an MSRP of $98K [!!!!]).

Macans are marvelous and I will look at them fondly when I see them on the road; I also see quite a few in my office parking garage since Porsche Latin America HQ is in the same building. But I was a bit put off by seeing the tech in the new Panamera, and thinking that the Macan might not see those upgrades for a couple of years, especially when I considered what my final price tag might be. The Allroad is like piloting a spaceship, and I love all the tech. (And the Bang and Olufsen stereo system is the best OEM system I've ever heard.)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoah! I never cross-shopped the Macan. I could not believe the extent of the options. Back in 2004, I cross shopped the Cayenne against the Touareg, and got the Touareg. No regrets. I will gladly take my Allroad Prestige in three weeks.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boldenmd
Thanks! I was looking at getting a Macan S, although the way the options kept adding up I started wondering if I should stretch to the GTS (so the Allroad saved me about $15K-$20K). I finally saw a perfect lot car the other day that met all of my requirements; it was a Macan Turbo, actually, with an MSRP of $98K [!!!!]).

Macans are marvelous and I will look at them fondly when I see them on the road; I also see quite a few in my office parking garage since Porsche Latin America HQ is in the same building. But I was a bit put off by seeing the tech in the new Panamera, and thinking that the Macan might not see those upgrades for a couple of years, especially when I considered what my final price tag might be. The Allroad is like piloting a spaceship, and I love all the tech. (And the Bang and Olufsen stereo system is the best OEM system I've ever heard.)
I had the 2016 Macan for only a few months before I traded for my A4. They were selling at a good discount because the 2017's were soon to come out with some updated tech. I mean, mine had Navigation, but no Voice Commands - so you had to either enter an address before you got going or pull over and enter it later. But one of the bigwigs at Porsche said essentially "Porsche doesn't make Iphones" - their emphasis is on performance, not the latest tech. I get it and that's ONE of the reasons Porches' are so highly regarded both by the press and customers. Porsche will never be the leader in the "tech" department, but will probably remain the leader in the performance/luxury area. Having said that, Macans have an ala carte menu that is very extensive and expensive - even down to custom colors for the seatbelts! One of those items I would love to see added to the Audis would be an optional "leather package" as it really looks great, replaces lots of vinyl with leather and adds a high amount of luxury to the car. But again, Macans get very expensive very quickly, way more expensive than the Allroads. And their maintenance is also. I like my Allroad very much, but my head still turns every time I see a freshly washed/waxed Macan, particularly a dark grey or black one.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new Allroad. I initially was going for the full paint option myself -- it looks great.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Macans get very expensive very quickly, way more expensive than the Allroads. And their maintenance is also.
I also considered a Macan but when I saw the price, the reliability reports, and the room in the back for my dog's kennel; the looks of the Macan were not enough to make it more desirable.

The full-paint option looks great on that lighter-colored allroad!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Very nice choice! Looks great! As you can see by my signature, I have a '17 A4 and I love it. It comes as close to being the perfect car as I've ever experienced. I'm sure the Allroad is the same... with extra storage and off-roading capabilities. And in South Florida, you can blow by everyone else with FWD or RWD during the afternoon monsoons. I lived there, and I used to pass drivers in my A6 4.2 Quattro like they were standing still!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boldenmd

Exactly 1 month ago I traded in a 2016 Porsche Macan S for the A4...no regrets so far. In the last 2 years I have switched cars over 6 times, the A4 reminds me of a VW CC that I had back in 2009 when they came out, specially because of the DSG, same feeling. The only thing that I miss about the Macan is the power, but it seems like my trend is to go low on the horse power lol, before the Macan I had a Lexus RCF, and on top of that when I went to look at Audi I was going for an A3 E-Tron but the dealer had a great deal on the A4 that I got.

My plan when I owned the Macan was to keep it until the new Panamera arrive but prices are crazy! So I guess I will keep jumping between cars and cars.

I was looking at inventories here in Miami for the Allroad and seems to be only one at Prestige, other dealers don't care to carry any. Enjoy you are probably a handful of 2017 Allroad owners in Miami
Old 02-08-2017, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
The only thing that I miss about the Macan is the power, but it seems like my trend is to go low on the horse power
I don't consider 0-60mph in 5.7 seconds to be particularly sluggish<G>.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Allroad owner in South Florida