A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

OEM hitch options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM hitch options?

I mostly want a hitch for a mtn bike, but looking back through the forums for the B8 it seems like a hassle unless i just install a so-called 'hidden hitch' (not remotely hidden)

Does Audi offer an OEM hitch? does the wiring and the trailer features work like i've seen in some of the reviews (I assume mostly based on the euro version)?

If I have to i'd order something like the Westfalia to get a truly hidden hitch, assuming the wiring and programming adjustments can be made.

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I finalized my special order, I asked my dealer if that was an option, and he said they just weren't able to even add it as it's Euro only. I had been looking at the Audi UK site and they have a really nice OEM trailer hitch option... I'm super jealous!

I mean just look at these options:

Old 11-03-2016, 09:47 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

yes i've been looking at the westfalia options, but it sounds like our bumpers are slightly thicker so there is a bit of risk ordering them. In my opinion the allroad is the perfect multisport vehicle (skiing, biking, surfing etc) but not being able to put a hitch on without losing permanent ground clearance is pretty lame, especially since a solution seems to exist elsewhere in the world.

It astounds me that Audi can't be bothered to figure out a resolution, especially with the options available in europe: "The driver receives additional support from the trailer maneuver assist, which is available on the A4 allroad for the first time. This makes it easier to maneuver a trailer. The driver steers via the MMI controller. Other new features include the predictive efficiency assistant, park assist, cross-traffic assist rear, exit warning, collision avoidance assist, turn assist and the Audi pre sense systems."
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like the approach in this thread for the B8 2014 allroad: Installing Eco Hitch & Tekonsha ZCI Wiring

However, there is that drawback of having a cutout in the skid plate. And that may be the all-round issue with a tow hitch/bar, the skid plate no longer would serve its full original purpose. Especially, with one of those really fancy swivel type tow bars that Westfalia offers. May be worth the trade-off, though.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:38 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

This is the one i was most interested in: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...stige-2863899/ or https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-pics-2783939/

alernatively, try to get these guys to make us one: Execuhitch Products
Old 11-03-2016, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BSW
This is the one i was most interested in: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...stige-2863899/ or https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-pics-2783939/

alernatively, try to get these guys to make us one: Execuhitch Products
I talked to the folks at Torklift who make a hitch for the previous allroad (Torklift Central | allroad - Audi - Find Your EcoHitch - RVing and Towing). They have not designed a hitch for the B9 allroad, but they sounded willing to do the design work if someone in the Kent, WA area were willing to let them use their vehicle for the design and test effort.

That said, I really like the Execuhitch design. I'd be ready to buy one if they had one available for the allroad.

It seems like Audi America really miss-read the market removing the hitch option in our market. They are marketing the vehicle to people with active lifestyles but don't have a factory option to use a hitch-mounted bike rack or do light towing (e.g. jet ski).
Old 11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Hello!

What is the VIN to your vehicle? If your vehicle is "Hitch Ready" then you can purchase and attach it to your vehicle. The only way to know though is through the VIN. You can private message me if you would like or email me at partssupplyinfo@gmail.com and I would be happy to help! If you do decide to check us out, we have a promo code for 50% off shipping now until Dec 31st. Use coupon code: SHIP at checkout for 50% off shipping

Let me know if I can help!
Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CoMeader
I talked to the folks at Torklift who make a hitch for the previous allroad (Torklift Central | allroad - Audi - Find Your EcoHitch - RVing and Towing). They have not designed a hitch for the B9 allroad, but they sounded willing to do the design work if someone in the Kent, WA area were willing to let them use their vehicle for the design and test effort.

That said, I really like the Execuhitch design. I'd be ready to buy one if they had one available for the allroad.

I got an update from the folks at Invisihitch - they make some very nice hidden hitches. They are planning to develop a hitch for the B9 Allroad, but they want to see more interest develop before they make the investment for our cars. They say they have heard very little interest for our vehicles to date.

If you're interesting in a hitch for our cars, it might be good to contact them and express your interest.

http://www.invisihitch.com/
Old 01-23-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did contact Invisihitch to tell them I would buy a hitch if offered. They responded quickly and said they hope to have a design this summer.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! Like BSW, I'm also a mountain biker and will need a hitch receiver for a hitch-mounted bike rack. I'm planning on ordering an Allroad fairly soon but I just want to make sure that there is potential to install a hitch. This is the only thing that's making me apprehensive about placing my order. I reached out to Torklift last week and they're still waiting for someone to offer up their Allroad for them to design a 2017 Allroad-compatible hitch.

Quick Reply: OEM hitch options?