A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Order Time

Old 10-20-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Time

Need some input. After finally seeing the '17 allroad in person, went ahead and placed my order for a Matador Red Prestige. However, that was over 4 weeks ago (Sept. 20th) and have not had any update since. To my dealer's credit, she has been checking but still have not received any allocation yet. Is this typical to wait this long just to get an allocation?
Old 10-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was given a commission number when I ordered my allroad on 2016-10-02. Fortunately, my local dealer already had a "changeable" order in the factory production queue that became my order (the dealer originally placed their order on 2016-09-13).

The current "Production Complete" date is 2016-11-18, with my allroad arriving at my USA dealer sometime in January 2017 (a 30 day window).

I've received no updates from my dealer since placing my order-- except that they told me that once an order is marked as "sold" that it often moves up by a week or two in the factory's production queue.

In the B9 A4 forum, I read that we should ask our dealers to enroll us in the "Audi Owner in Waiting program” which will provide us with direct updates from Audi instead of relying upon the dealer to follow-through.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MTW13
Need some input. After finally seeing the '17 allroad in person, went ahead and placed my order for a Matador Red Prestige. However, that was over 4 weeks ago (Sept. 20th) and have not had any update since. To my dealer's credit, she has been checking but still have not received any allocation yet. Is this typical to wait this long just to get an allocation?

I ordered mine on October 10th, but my dealer was able to take an existing inventory order that was not frozen to changes and modify it to match what I wanted. The order they changed had an order date of Sep 19.

Since October 10th, my salesperson has sent me 2 updated build sheets. I would probably be quite upset with my dealer if I hadn't received those sheets a month after having placed my order. Might be worth checking other dealers in your area that do higher volumes.

Looks like we might have twins. What options did you choose? I got the Prestige, Cold Weather, and Sport packages. I also chose Matador Red (great color) with the black interior, and gray oak inlays.

Now the hardest part starts - the wait. I have a build week of 4616 and an estimated port arrival (Houston) of 22 December. I guess I should use that time to get my 06 A4 Avant cleaned up and sold.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on your orders, guys! I got a Prestige with Manhattan gray, black interior, polished walnut inlays, and every package they offer. Can't wait!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lifjoy
Congrats on your orders, guys! I got a Prestige with Manhattan gray, black interior, polished walnut inlays, and every package they offer. Can't wait!
You'll have to post pictures once it arrives. I'm interested to get your impression of the DA package once you've driven it for a while.

It looks like we have the same build week from your other post. What's your port arrival date?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got lucky and my dealer traded to get me a car that's already built and on the ship on it's way. I hope to have it by mid to late November. I placed the order a month or more ago and they still didn't have a build date. Allocations for oct came out on the 17th. I'm not sure if my original order got allocated a build week then or not because I jumped on the new car that's on its way. I got stuck getting a few port installed extras that I hadn't ordered but I'm happy to get the car earlier.

Only problem now is that the car is going to port in Houston and then has to get shipped to ohio for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CoMeader
You'll have to post pictures once it arrives. I'm interested to get your impression of the DA package once you've driven it for a while.
Will do. I am upgrading from a Monsoon Gray 2013 allroad, and am really looking forward to the DA package, all the other cabin tech, and the Manhattan Gray full-paint (no matte cladding).

Originally Posted by CoMeader
It looks like we have the same build week from your other post. What's your port arrival date?
2016-12-23 = Domestic Port Arrive Date. But I haven't had any updates from my dealer since I ordered. I will pester them tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by phanatic
I got lucky and my dealer traded to get me a car that's already built and on the ship on it's way.
You lucky dog! Our dealer has a very small number of allroad allocations, so no such fortune for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

You lucky dog! Our dealer has a very small number of allroad allocations, so no such fortune for me.
And unfortunately that is probably the case for most dealers because the Allroad just doesn't sell in high volume, so there is rarely an allocation because even if a dealer only has a few Allroads, their days supply is still high enough that they don't need more. Because it is a new model though, a dealer is likely to have allocation in the beginning.

Most people will take the lower priced Q5 instead.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Will do. I am upgrading from a Monsoon Gray 2013 allroad, and am really looking forward to the DA package, all the other cabin tech, and the Manhattan Gray full-paint (no matte cladding).

2016-12-23 = Domestic Port Arrive Date. But I haven't had any updates from my dealer since I ordered. I will pester them tomorrow.
So I will be ordering a Monsoon Gray Prestige this fall. I am wondering how you found it to live with- does it show a lot of dirt? My second choice, coincidentally, is Manhatten Gray.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Time