A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Order Time

Old 10-21-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoMeader
I ordered mine on October 10th, but my dealer was able to take an existing inventory order that was not frozen to changes and modify it to match what I wanted. The order they changed had an order date of Sep 19.

Since October 10th, my salesperson has sent me 2 updated build sheets. I would probably be quite upset with my dealer if I hadn't received those sheets a month after having placed my order. Might be worth checking other dealers in your area that do higher volumes.

Looks like we might have twins. What options did you choose? I got the Prestige, Cold Weather, and Sport packages. I also chose Matador Red (great color) with the black interior, and gray oak inlays.

Now the hardest part starts - the wait. I have a build week of 4616 and an estimated port arrival (Houston) of 22 December. I guess I should use that time to get my 06 A4 Avant cleaned up and sold.

Pretty darn close. Will have Nougat Brown interior with the gray oak inlays, Sport package, and travel space bars but opted out of the Cold Weather package. Only one's ever in my backseat are my pups and although they are very spoiled, they don't need heated seats!

This is my 2nd experience factory-ordering. Had a 2015 Volcano Red Prem + allroad that was totaled in a good-ole Texas hail storm this last March. Sad day Knowing the redesign was on the horizon, decided to wait it out for the '17 model. However, last time I recall having a build date within a week of initially ordering. Needless to say, patience is not a virtue I'm known for. Hopefully have an update soon. Thanks for the input everyone! Please post pics when you get your rides
Old 10-23-2016, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm annoyed. I want a Prestige Allroad with all the options, in silver. Had my 2010 Avant in for service recently, and while I was waiting for their shuttle went to their showroom and had a look at the A4 sedan. Had a lot of difficulty attracting the attention of a salesman, but finally got one. Told him what I wanted, he worked up the MSRP. Told him I still wanted to check out the Outback and I'd get back to him. A few days later I decided I really wanted the Allroad, and emailed him at the address on his card saying as much, and reiterating the configuration I was looking for. No response.
Shortly after that, I got an email from their internet guy, apparently a result of an edmunds.com "Get me a quote" (I've gotten emails and phone calls from a bunch of dealers trying to sell me what they have in stock, not what I told Edmunds I wanted). I replied to the email from my dealer, quoting the email I had sent to the salesman I spoke to. Again, no response.
Do these guys make less money on special orders or something? I've special-ordered two Avants from this dealer, and had no trouble. Why is it so hard to buy a friggin' car?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like a poor salesman. The internet guy gave it back to him. Call up the sales manager for the dealer (should be on their website) and tell him of your concerns. I'm sure you will get action...
Old 10-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by archrenov8
So I will be ordering a Monsoon Gray Prestige this fall. I am wondering how you found it to live with- does it show a lot of dirt? My second choice, coincidentally, is Manhatten Gray.
I have really enjoyed the Monsoon Gray. Only when it's really really dirty, can you see the dirt (generally on the doors). But most of the time, it looks very presentable.

Attached is a picture of us picking it up at the factory in Ingolstadt on a very cold day nearly four years ago.

The Manhattan Gray just seemed like a nice change, and I liked the idea of painting the fenders to match the rest of the car.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CoMeader
It looks like we have the same build week from your other post. What's your port arrival date?
I just got a notification email stating that mine has gone into production!
Old 10-29-2016, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lifjoy
I just got a notification email stating that mine has gone into production!
Congratulations, and thanks for the update. Sounds like they are running a bit ahead of schedule.

My dealer was having issues getting my Audi email notifications setup, so I'll email them on Monday and check my current status.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brothers
...Do these guys make less money on special orders or something? I've special-ordered two Avants from this dealer, and had no trouble. Why is it so hard to buy a friggin' car?
Technically, they'd end up spending less on a special order car than one on the lot. Inventory/Lot models require upkeep, insurance, and other fees to their banks. I feel like some dealers just feel like it's not worth the hassle. But I can't imagine what is less hassle than a special order. It's an easy win for the dealer.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, I just ordered mine last week (10/22/16)... production week 5016, earliest ETA 1/18/17. It would be super nice to get that bad boy before Christmas, though.

Definitely gotta get that e-mail update thing set up with my dealer.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey Guys, when you are ordering your cars, are you agreeing to all terms for price, financing, additional dealer prep fees, etc BEFORE you place the order, or is this done when the car arrives?
Old 11-08-2016, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by steveracer
Hey Guys, when you are ordering your cars, are you agreeing to all terms for price, financing, additional dealer prep fees, etc BEFORE you place the order, or is this done when the car arrives?
It should be done first, except for financing. Dealers don't know what rate will be available when the car arrives.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Time