A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

painted or unpainted fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lifjoy
I agree that I'd rather have an Avant look. With that in mind, I ordered Manhattan gray with full paint. Here's a link to pictures of that configuration (posted by AudiWorld member ht288).
Those wheels are awesome. Wonder if they will get added to USA as an option anytime? Probably some way to import a set?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikec157
Those wheels are awesome. Wonder if they will get added to USA as an option anytime? Probably some way to import a set?
I actually love the A4 USA wheels and would love a set of those for summer tires, and then use the stock Allroad USA wheels for winter tires.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just can't get used to the two tone look on those, I agree the allroad wheels would be great for winter
Old 12-09-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CoMeader
Mine is in transit, and I should get it in January.

Here's a couple of quick shots I took of a Matador Red car that I test drove. The color changes a lot based on the lighting.

That is so sharp looking. You should be happy with that when it arrives.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
That is so sharp looking. You should be happy with that when it arrives.
Thanks. I saw a little bit of this color on an A6 at my usual dealer (they hadn't unwrapped it yet), so I drove up to Boulder to see if I also liked it on the allroad.

I'm excited to get the new car (another few weeks now), but I'm still having a really hard time emotionally letting go of my '06 Avant with the 6MT and sport suspension - 150k miles and still going strong . I'll probably bite the bullet and list it for sale next week.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
My understanding is that the standard trim painted as well. Its just not the matching body paint. So wax shouldn't hurt.
Yes and no. The bicolor finish is in structured gray matte paint, but you cannot wax this. If you need to wax or polish your car, mask off the trim with some painters tape before you start.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since the wheelgap on the allroad is pretty big, I thought that the bi-color cladding made the wheel gap look "normal".

I bought some matte sealant and plan on applying it on the fenders when the weather gets less cold.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44
Yes and no. The bicolor finish is in structured gray matte paint, but you cannot wax this. If you need to wax or polish your car, mask off the trim with some painters tape before you start.
Can Opti-Coat Pro be applied to the trim? Am I correct in assuming the Pro+ would give an undesired glossy look?