A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?

Old 03-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What took so long? Special paint selection?
Old 03-25-2017, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Finally here ;-) but worth the wait (order placed July 2016) ... Sepang Blue Allroad. Hello from sunny Arizona!!!

I didn't think sepang blue was a special order color. That's a long time to wait. Looks great though. If you want to go with a color (as opposed to gray black white silver) the sepang is definitely the way to go. The Gotland green color that everyone is so in love with doesn't hold a candle to the sepang blue.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyAllroad
What took so long? Special paint selection?
That's what we think (me and the dealer)...We knew that Audi exclusive would add 8 to 12 weeks on top of the regular order processing, but that was probably very unusual. I also ordered with all options, so not sure if there was any kind of delay or else re technology. Here are the details of the order, interestingly once it entered production (earlier this year) it moved really fast:

Holds - 07/09/2016
Order Created - 07/11/2016
Factory Submitted - 01/09/2017
Frozen to Changes - 0617
Production Complete - 02/02/2017
Ship Departure - 02/10/2017
Domestic Port Arrived - 03/09/2017
Released to Carrier - 03/20/2017
Truck Load - 03/20/2017
Dealer Delivery - 03/23/2017
Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
I didn't think sepang blue was a special order color. That's a long time to wait. Looks great though. If you want to go with a color (as opposed to gray black white silver) the sepang is definitely the way to go. The Gotland green color that everyone is so in love with doesn't hold a candle to the sepang blue.
Thanks!

I guess it is a matter of taste, but I wanted to splurge a little bit with this one... I always liked the Sepang blue and would love to have the "S" version... but I need (kids +) and I prefer a wagon ...

Last edited by Fdvigna; 03-25-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Thanks!

I guess it is a matter of taste, but I wanted to splurge a little bit with this one... I always liked the Sepang blue and would love to have the "S" version... but I need (kids +) and I prefer a wagon ...
Oh, maybe it's scuba blue that is one of the stock colors.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This car looks like scuba to me
Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
This car looks like scuba to me
Definitely not Scuba. Congratulations on a one of a kind. I have yet to see a color the Allroad does not look good in.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I received my scuba blue metallic 2017 A4 allroad last Thursday!

Some fodder for this quiet forum...

I have one of the dieselgate vehicles, 2011 A3 TDI, that I've decided to let VW/Audi buy back (returning it on 4/11). Having decided this some time last fall I then began doing internet research to find it's replacement. Some highlights of what I considered, keeping in mind I'm coming from a hatchback and wanting a little more space:

BMW 328d Sports Wagon - too station-wagony and I haven't much liked BMW's designs since they were Bangle-ized
Volvo V90/V90CC - Don't care for the swedish interiors but boy do they look nice on the outside IMO, agressive!
Jaguar F-Pace diesel - Not much cargo space
Tesla Model X - Expensive!
Audi A4 allroad 3.0L TDI quattro - okay, I considered looking into the legalities/cost of importing the car I really wanted but didn't; parts would likely be a big problem.

So, not having the 3.0L TDI allroad option I "settled" for the 2.0 TFSI (settled? haha, this car is awesome [not as awesome as wdimagineer's, but still awesome]) with the following options, packages and accessories:

Prestige
Scuba Blue Metallic (having my doubts after seeing Fdvigna's Sepang Blue, pretty!)
Black Leather seats
Aluminum Ellipse inlays (had to go look at the Gray Oak inlays in person before committing to this; need some contrast in my dark interior)
Rear side airbags
Packages: Sport (dark headliner; thus the light inlays), Driver Assistance, Cold/Warm Weather

Accessories (had I found this forum earlier this list would likely be empty as elsewhere is cheaper):
- Audi Guard Protection Kit (all-weather floor mats/cargo mat)
- Audi Beam Rings - puddle lights (no luck; ordered 4 yesterday on ebay [part# 4G0052133G])
- Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit (didn't receive this either but not sure I care; is someone going to steal my stock 18"ers?)
- Audi Travel Space Base Carrier Bars with Storage Bag

I placed the order at the dealership on 1/4/2017 having only seen one in real life on the highway. Here's the first ETA summary I received from my dealer on 2/6/2017 when I asked for an update and that he add me to the "Owner in Waiting" program to get automated emails:

Production Week 0617
Frozen to Changes 01/09/2017
Production Complete 02/03/2017
Ship Departure 02/11/2017(ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived 02/27/2017(ETA)
Released to Carrier 03/02/2017(ETA)

Using tips gleaned from various posts on this forum I figured out the ship it would be departing Emden on (Viking Adventure) and tracked it across the Atlantic. It arrived at the port in Davisville, RI on 3/3 (after a day delay off the coast of Halifax; perhaps due to the weather at the time). I confirmed this with another email to my dealer (in case I followed the wrong boat). Then...came...the...longest...~three...week...wait for the car to get from the port to the dealer. Okay, there was a snowstorm during that time (that one that was mostly hype) but c'mon! The waiting, oooohhhhhh, the waiting!! Like a kid at Christmas! Dealer notified me the car was ready for pickup on 3/23 so left work early and picked it up. All in all, ~11 weeks & 1 day from order to delivery. I know, some of you had to wait, or are still waiting, for periods of time much longer and I feel for you, I really do.

Here's a few quick pics I snapped when I got home from the dealership...

Old 03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice car, eric_p. Congrats. I have yet to see one in person and look forward to seeing it.

As you, I am also considering the Volvo V90 CC. It's a good looking car and provides more space than the Allroad. Coming from an Acura MDX suv, I guess more space is better -- not that I necessarily need it.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by justaute
Nice car, eric_p. Congrats. I have yet to see one in person and look forward to seeing it.

As you, I am also considering the Volvo V90 CC. It's a good looking car and provides more space than the Allroad. Coming from an Acura MDX suv, I guess more space is better -- not that I necessarily need it.

Thanks! Space aside, a comparably (to my allroad) equipped Volvo V90 CC is ~$70k; $10-15k more expensive than the allroad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?