A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area

So, there I am, sitting in that waiting room for the mods (front strut brace, trannyy mount, puddle lights) to be done. Watching some tv, another waiting customer comes in. I mention "please, put on the tv channel you'd prefer, I'm not really watching." He said "thanks" and turned to a car modification channel. Ok, cool. I had some calls to make even though I had my eye out, glancing at those cools mods. So, I ask him what are you getting done here, what car are you driving (2015 S4) etc. A few minutes later another waiting customer (got to be in his 20's (2017 A4 Tuned) ) comes in and we are having a great rolling conversation about Audi, Porsche, Tuning, speeding, radar, wheels and whatnot. I was having a great time and enjoyed our conversation. It's amazing the vibes that can happen when talking about things we are passionate about (in this case Audi's). It just may make me want to go to one of those Audi Club meetings!
Old 03-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, you working with Danek there? They do great work. What are you hoping to get out the front strut brace, tranny mount?
Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Gotland
Bob, you working with Danek there? They do great work. What are you hoping to get out the front strut brace, tranny mount?
Yep, Danek gave me the quote as he did last year for my Macan to get Expel applied.

I became aware of the tranny mount and front strut brace by members here posting their comments after having bought them. The postings were all positive - more solid feel, more responsive in turns, gears may shift or feel like their shifting smoother, etc. I have only driven it about 40-50 miles so I certainly can't comment authoritatively but the car did feel a little tighter and smoother on the highway, in stop and go, you would never notice a difference. I did not put it through sharp and/or quick turns, to notice a larger difference. But again, I have only driven it a fairly short distance, but am looking forward to really checking it out on longer rides. So, I would say, this isn't a mod like the tunes people get, where you see a night and day difference, but right now, it makes a great riding car even more fun to drive.
Regarding the puddle lights they installed - well, as I mentioned in the A4 forum, I'm not impressed, they are not what I was expecting - they are large, not terribly sharp and barely visible in daylight, but, I'll put that on me for not doing my homework beforehand.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
Regarding the puddle lights they installed - well, as I mentioned in the A4 forum, I'm not impressed, they are not what I was expecting - they are large, not terribly sharp and barely visible in daylight, but, I'll put that on me for not doing my homework beforehand.
Did you get the OEM lights, or aftermarket ones? All the visuals I've seen have shown the (discontinued) OEM ones to be far superior.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Did you get the OEM lights, or aftermarket ones? All the visuals I've seen have shown the (discontinued) OEM ones to be far superior.
I thought I would be getting OEM's, did not think to question that. I only found out when I got home and opened the door to notice.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
I thought I would be getting OEM's, did not think to question that. I only found out when I got home and opened the door to notice.
Nice - I was trying to figure out where to get the OEM ring puddle lights when my car arrives, since they seem to be out of stock and discontinued everywhere. Hoping I can maybe find some in Europe while I'm over there picking up my car.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Nice - I was trying to figure out where to get the OEM ring puddle lights when my car arrives, since they seem to be out of stock and discontinued everywhere. Hoping I can maybe find some in Europe while I'm over there picking up my car.
Well, not so nice as I don't like them. Hopefully Audi will start making them again. Wonder why no longer available?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered mine on eBay, and they came rather quickly by FedX. I follow3ed the instructions on YouTube to install them, but I will tell you it was a bit tricky removing the existing ones.

Interesting, though- the existing puddle lights are rather dim. But the Audi LED Rings are incredibly bright and crisp. They make me smile every time I see them.

I had ordered mine in early January, and the bay seller wrote back to me a few weeks later, and said they were out of stock, offering to let me know when they came in. I was disappointed, but decided to trust them. Indeed, about 3 to 4 weeks later, they wrote back, telling me they were in, so I placed the order, which arrived two weeks later, about two weeks before my Allroad. I popped them in the first weekend.

Audi Entrance Lights LED Logo Rings Projection 4G0052133G Genuine New | eBay

Last edited by archrenov8; 03-20-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I ordered mine on eBay, and they came rather quickly by FedX. I follow3ed the instructions on YouTube to install them, but I will tell you it was a bit tricky removing the existing ones.

Interesting, though- the existing puddle lights are rather dim. But the Audi LED Rings are incredibly bright and crisp. They make me smile every time I see them.

I had ordered mine in early January, and the bay seller wrote back to me a few weeks later, and said they were out of stock, offering to let me know when they came in. I was disappointed, but decided to trust them. Indeed, about 3 to 4 weeks later, they wrote back, telling me they were in, so I placed the order, which arrived two weeks later, about two weeks before my Allroad. I popped them in the first weekend.

Audi Entrance Lights LED Logo Rings Projection 4G0052133G Genuine New | eBay
Hmmm, last night was the first time I saw my Audi ring (non OEM) puddle lights outside on a dark street and they did look more crisp and quite noticeable, maybe they grew on me, but I would still be interested in seeing your OEM's - even though it looks like they are sold out again.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are three shots of mine in my fairly dark Garage this morning, and the packaging. The second shot in my Garage was taken with flash on.
Attached Thumbnails So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area-img_6898.jpg   So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area-img_6899.jpg   So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area-img_6900.jpg   So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area-img_6912.jpg   So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area-img_6911.jpg  

Quick Reply: So, I'm sitting in Eurotech Motorsports waiting area