A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

"my stolen audi" update #6 [long]

Old 06-14-2001, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "my stolen audi" update #6 [long]

i know it has been a while, and youre probably wondering "what happened to the car?" i dont even know where to begin, so much has happened and unraveled since friday. i was also in san francisco on business from sunday to wednesday, so was out of the loop for a while. here goes... (just pretend youre watching jerry springer, it might help)

friday night at midnight, i get a call from the sherriffs office. they recovered my car in riverside (about 20 min away). he informed me that on thursday, they spotted my car (the day after it was stolen) and i t was involved in a high speed chase, but they outran the cops. [cool...] then on friday they spotted it again, in the same area. the driver got out and ran. there was evidence inside the car which basically gave the identity of the thief. he is in jail now. so we know 2 things so far...

1. dumb thief. driving a yellow car within 20 miles of the crime the day after stealing it

2. my car is "damn fast" (quote from the deputy)

now. the car is back, and there is some minor damage. there are 2 small scratches on the rear deck, a pinhole on the pumper as if they backed into something, 2 of my rims are scratched as if they brushed a curb, and the armrest was torn out and the phone jack was broken out. whatever, all replaceable.

wheres the jerry springer part? here we go.

my dealer told me yesterday that he was going through a divorce because his wife was on drugs and hanging out with seedy characters. apparently, through his deductions and own findings, his soon-to-be ex arranged to have his car stolen on wednesday. well, his car wasnt at the dealer, as he was in the middle of upgrading to a 2.7 a6. so, the next easy target was my car. unlocked, with the keys inside.

apparently they were in an argument on thursday about the divorce and she pipes up with "then ill just sell what i have."

"sell what?" asks andrew.

"is anything missing?"

"is what missing?"

"from the dealer?" she says. he is now aware of the fact that she set this up. maybe to balckmail him outside of court. he wants his kids, and now is trying to link her to the theft so he will get them. go andrew...

now we are at today. my insurance is still trying to settle with the dealers insurance. the service department is "not accepting liability" yet, even though i have talked to their insurance guy, and he is pretty much admitting their responsibility. now kate, at the dealer, is telling me that they might settle out of pocket since the damage is minor. fine. the dealer also put me up in a 2001 a4 1.8tsmsx with bose. cool.

so now i wait for the appraiser and get the car fixed. saga over. i hope this all made sense to you, as im sure there is information and name overload... and i will leave you with this...

the thieves left their crap in my car, which the police tells me is mine to keep or toss, including:

1. one 12 inch jl subwoofer in box
2. one car sereo amplifier (pioneer in think)
3. about 20 various cds
4. a multi-screwdriver with bits
5. a pair of sunglasses
6. a 44oz refillable cup from arco

audi on... ill post results from the settlement when it happens... in the meantime here are links to the saga if you missed them<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/599073.phtml">update #5</a></li></ul>
Old 06-14-2001, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default update #4

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/598502.phtml">update #4</a></li></ul>
AudiWorld Super User

Default update #3

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/598345.phtml">update #3</a></li></ul>
AudiWorld Super User

Default update #2

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/598151.phtml">update #2</a></li></ul>
Old 06-14-2001, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default update #1

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/597060.phtml">update #1</a></li></ul>
Old 06-14-2001, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default original post (feel the pain)

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/596632.phtml">post</a></li></ul>
Old 06-14-2001, 11:19 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Got pics of the Arco cup?

OMG that is wild. Is the ex to be getting arrested too for accessory?

I'd get the dealer to go over the engine with a fine tooth comb to make sure they didn't abuse the engine too much in the joyride. Congrates for getting it back.. Better yet, have them give you the loaner 1.8, and move everything over to it...
Old 06-14-2001, 11:19 AM

Hey, maybe your car will be on the next episode of car chases or something
Old 06-14-2001, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

NIICE!! Good to hear, man! That's a crazy story! One for the grandkids!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:22 AM
Elder Member

Default Have you thought about hiring a lawyer to sort this out and get damages and "pain and suffering"

Clearly the diovorce stufff is not your concern. The dealer does not seem to willing to help. A paid lawyer should be able to make all correct and much faster.

Reggie

98.5 2.8QMS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "my stolen audi" update #6 [long]