A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Just had new rotors and pads installed on all 4 corners on Wed. and I'm very pleased...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had new rotors and pads installed on all 4 corners on Wed. and I'm very pleased...

I got ATE Powerdiscs and Mintex Red Box pads from Adirondack (www.germanautoparts.com). Adirondack has excellent customer service. I'm very pleased with the parts. No squeaks or squeals and the slight groaning sound that the stock pads made has been greatly reduced. The brakes are now much easier to modulate and operate in a far smoother and more progressive manner. The stock pads were really grabby and the lightest tap on the brake pedal would produce an artificially strong braking response. Then, through the next couple centimeter of pedal travel, the stock pads would produce no greater stopping power. Then, the pads would finally produce progressively stronger braking action when the pedal was almost fully depressed. Now, with the Mintex pads, the stopping power is produced in a smooth and progressive manner which seems to accurately reflect how hard (or soft) I'm pressing on the pedal. Thank you to all the AWers who recommended these parts to me.