A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

AoA is listening to your dealer comments...finally...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-1999, 12:11 PM
Christian J. Long

Default AoA is listening to your dealer comments...finally...

Here's a good example of what effect you dealer comments have with Audi: <br>The Orlando dealer is pretty much the sleaziest dealer east of the Mississippi. He has had the franchise in Orlando since 1994, and in those 5 years has alienated pretty much every Audi owner in Orlando. I have met numerous Audi fans who were considering buying Audis until they saw the dealer and heard the stories. <p>Of my 10 or so regular members of my local Quattro Club, we have all had numerous and consistent bad experiences with this dealer. From the techs breaking more parts than they fix, or putting large gashes in the bumpers during an oil change (Eric Fluhr's dad), or never being able to diagnose warranty items and so on. His facilities are run down and have the cleanliness of a crackhouse. And the salesman, we will just call them the crack house patrons. It was so bad that most of us were driving over an hour to go to either the Tampa or Melbourne dealers.<p>Well, after numerous letters and phone calls to Audi after each of my service appointments (they were all bad experiences), we finally won....Audi pulled his franchise. All praise AoA!!!! <p>So, when you have a bad service experience with your dealer, let AoA know, even if they don't give you a survey. For once I can say, AoA is listening!<p>Now, to worry about who is getting the franchise next.....<p>Christian J. Long
Old 02-10-1999, 02:53 PM
MichaelH

Default Is this Bill Brown Audi?? If not, who?

above<br>
Old 02-10-1999, 05:30 PM
TheCraig

Default Re: Is this Bill Brown Audi?? If not, who?

Yes, it's Bill Brown Audi. We hear rumors of a new Audi dealership for the Orlando area, but for now the Melbourne and Tampa dealers get good marks from some of the Quattro Club members who've used them.<p>TheCraig
Old 02-10-1999, 05:55 PM
Christian J. Long

Default Bye Bye Bill Brown

I do know that we will have another dealer real soon...I should know by next week from my inside source (oooh, that sounds so secret!).<p>Christian J. Long
Old 02-10-1999, 08:05 PM
MichaelH

Default If their service is so bad for Audi, isn't it just as bad for their VWs? Isn't it ironic that VAG will pull the Audi line and not the VW as well. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

above
Old 02-10-1999, 08:18 PM
Christian J. Long

Default Some follow up info on that....and more good info....

Funny thing is that I forgot to add another important fact to my original post, I had heard 6 months ago that Mazda was very very close to pulling Bill Brown's Mazda franchise due to the service, or lack there of that he was providing. My guy who feeds me this info from AoA said that Mazda has actually moved first to pull the franchise, not Audi. It looks like Audi caught wind of what Mazda was doing, and jumped on the bandwagon. As for VW, I have heard no info on what is going on with VW, but my source says he may be able to hang on to VW since Bill Brown was a VW dealer rep years ago and is in good with VW corporate.<p>half of this is guessing on my source's part, I will know more soon.<p>Christian J. Long