A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ATTN: Sean (of NorCal), Turbo Guage Install Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-1998, 07:34 PM
Joe S.

Default ATTN: Sean (of NorCal), Turbo Guage Install Questions...

Sean,<p>I finally decided to take the plunge and install a turbo guage. I purchased an autometer ultralite guage. i am planning to install the guage in the ashtray area, like the greedspeed a4...i am going to cut out the back part of the ashtray, only saving the front door. i plan to dremel the hole into the door and reinstall the door permanently into the frame of the ashtray assmbly...i already found the right size fittings, clamps and hoses...<p>my question is this: before i go splicing into the little tube you suggested, I want to ensure i am doing the right thing...first, i am tapping into the hose that is to the left of the green nipple as you face the motor...the hose is very short, mayber 6 inches and is covered with braided black cloth...is this the right tube to splice?? is the tube 3/16th?<p>second, did you run the hard tube to the guage throught the ecu box itself, or just through the same grommet the wiring uses?...if you run the tube through the ecu box itself, did you run it on top of the silver ecu box or under it?<p>any info would be greatly apprecited...<p>also, i found all the right size hose clamps at an RV center...RV's have many small tubes for there sinks, kitchens, etc...i found a nice spring clamp for the 3/16th rube and 1/8th inch tube as well as all the brass fittings at the store....total cost for fittings and tube...$2.20...<p>Joe S.<p>98.5 TQMS/wett 1.0/brullen/ram air/etc...<p>20 V badging, neuspeed springs, friction technologies brake pads, and piaa h7 superwhites on some UPS truck making its way to texas...!!!<br>
Old 11-21-1998, 07:04 AM
curious

Default Joe - What is 20V badging?

<p><br>
Old 11-21-1998, 10:06 AM
Joe S.

the &quot;20 V&quot; from the older audis....i decided i like it better than the 1.8T
Old 11-21-1998, 11:21 AM
Sean G

Default Re: ATTN: Sean (of NorCal), Turbo Guage Install Questions...

Joe,<p>Here is a pic of the hose I used. I apologize the picture is kinda dark but you should still get the idea. From your description you appear to have the same hose in mind.<p>I ran the tubing through the ECU housing and under the ECU itself. There is a small rubber nipple on the front of the housing. I poked a hole in it and slid the tubing through.<p>Sean<br>97 1.8Tqm<p><a href=http://www.jps.net/seang1/mods/boost/boost.html><b>Boost Gauge Installation</b></a><br><ul><li><a href="http://www.ns.net/~seang">Sean's A4 Page</a></li></ul>