Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 235249

Default Audi A4 B5 signal relay

I do see that there are other friends but I'm not sure how this forum works. Some want you to post in the old one to avoid a new thread #2385, but others don't want you resurrecting year-old threads.

I drive a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro with a tip. My turn signals went bad. This happened to me last year as well. I used the infamous Youtube video to fix it and it worked fine. A month ago it happened again. I opened it back up to fix it again. I have the emergency flashers working now but with the turning signals the capacitor does a quick pop but no light and it does switch again after that first time.

Even the Youtube guy updated his video saying that eventually he just bought a new one because it kept going bad. I figure if I can't find one at a junk yard I might do the same thing. I saw on another post (I think it was this site), that there was a newer relay at 8D0-941-509-E-01C. This looks a lot different, including the rear. Here's a web page I found,

http://www.aboveallmotorwerks.com/De...order=0&page=4

On here, I see two (2) relays. The E 01C is the newer one, right? The original post I saw said that E 01C was the replacement, but I can't find a picture taken from the back of it. Those two big prongs look weird. The H 01C looks more like the one I need, but I wanted to be sure which one of the two I need. This is the only thing aside from windshield wipers that I've done myself on the car, so I want to make sure I'm doing this the right way.

Would be awesome if anyone could confirm which one I should, although from what I can tell it seems to obviously be the H 01C. Thanks for any help you can give.
Rodney DeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
AudiWorld Newcomer

Couldn't find edit button.

"I have the emergency flashers working now but with the turning signals the capacitor does a quick pop but no light and it does NOT switch again after that first time."
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 179212

You have to replace it,like you i followed the relay fix off the YouTube video and it worked for 3 days and started to work,intermittently.

Then eventually,it got worse and worse and just stopped working,altogether.

So i just purchased a new one and my problem is solved.

Description Qty Price Core Price Total Price
Mechanical Catalog - 2001 - Audi - A4 QUATTRO
electrical, chassis electrical, switches, hazard switch A4 1 $35.96 $0.00 $35.96
Sub Total $35.96
Tax $0.00
Fedex Ground - Shipping $9.50
Handling Fee $0.00
Total $45.46

Done and done! installing is so easy,even a cave man can do it.
morpheousx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Quick Order
Part Number 8D0941509E01C
Part Name Electrical Chassis electrical Switches Hazard switch
MSRP $105.00
Core $0.00
Online Price $78.12

Description MSRP Price Your Price Core Price Qty Total Cost
OEM Catalog
Electrical Chassis electrical Switches Hazard switch $105.00 $78.12 $0.00 $78.12 Delete From Cart
Sub Total: $78.12
Estimated Shipping: $9.50
Total: $87.62

This would most likely,be your total with USP Ground shipping,there is faster shipping options but for a higher shipping price,of corse.

Your Hazard/relay switch for your 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Automatic,seems to be more expensive than my 2001 Audi A4 1.8T automatic,Hazard relay switch.

I have no clue why but you need to get it replaced,its dangerous to drive around,without blinkers.

I did a few times,while i waited for my switch to arrive and it wasn't very fun,cutting off every other driver and getting flipped the bird,each time, hoping a law enforcement officer,doesn't catch me switch lanes,without signaling.

Good luck with your relay replacing project. Here is the site to order the relay:

http://genuineaudiparts.com

choose your year,model and make and run a search for your Hazard/relay switch in the parts search field.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 64001

$55.78 at ECS plus shipping. Just get it done.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-...lasher/ES3277/
Old 05-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks a lot, guys. Wanted to make sure I was looking at the right parts. I called a VW dealer and they referred me to a place about a half hour north. I went there to an Audi dealer and got it done. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the fix.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 59944

Default Restoring turn signal flasher

In my case I found it useful to slightly bend the turn signal contact to restore flashing. I imagine that continued use can cause the metal to fatigue a bit and not close properly. Bending it back with two small screwdrivers seems to have done the trick. I've ordered a new switch/relay to replace this temporary fix.
'92 Toyota Land Cruiser

And lots of bicycles for those times when I'm fed up with fixing cars.
sanjosepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, 8d0941509e01c, a4, audi, b5, emergcy, flasher, hazard, relay, relays, replacing, signal, tt, turn, youtube