A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi A4 stumbles and shakes on acceleration. No DTC codes shows up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be a bad MAF sensor that creates uneven airflow. Check if your RPM gauge arrow is fluctuating abnormally when a car is on idle.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cleaned the MAF sensor, it has improved a little bit but RPM gauge fluctuates and is not stable. Any other advise?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im having similar issues, i had just tried the liqui moly valve cleaner in my car and i'm wondering if that caused my issue, my car sputters and kind of hesitates when i go up hills, no warning lights come and i had my car scanned, no error codes came up. if anyone figures it out please share.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, I have a problem with my Audi A4 B7 2006 model too.
I am getting frustrated as I have the same acceleration problem, or I should say lack of ecceleration.
The dash lights that come up are EPC & Car with the skid marks on it and also the engine light as well at times.
The codes are "17579 & 17950" "G187 Implausible signal" if any one knows what these codes mean please advise me so I can tell my Mechanic.
I also have decreased Fuel Economy no matter what Premium Fuel I use. It happen all of a sudden out of nowhere.
I have replaced the Throttle Body Control Unit and the Thermostat but it makes no difference to the problems I am having with the car.
My mechanic has run scans on it several times and the same codes keep coming up even after they are cleared and reset. I'm at my wits end. If any one can help please advise???
I have tried calling the Audi Dealership but they are not returning my calls.
I haave spent $1,600 Aus$ already but am getting no closer to solving the problems. CAN ANY ONE HELP ADVISE ME ON WHERE i GO FROM HERE??
Old 07-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Have you replaced the throttle body itself? Or the pedal? Checked the wiring connections?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I had the close to the same problem earlier this year.

Originally Posted by Virg06B7
I am getting frustrated as I have the same acceleration problem, or I should say lack of ecceleration.
The dash lights that come up are EPC & Car with the skid marks on it and also the engine light as well at times.
The codes are "17579 & 17950" "G187 Implausible signal" if any one knows what these codes mean please advise me so I can tell my Mechanic.
I also have decreased Fuel Economy no matter what Premium Fuel I use. It happen all of a sudden out of nowhere.
I have replaced the Throttle Body Control Unit and the Thermostat but it makes no difference to the problems I am having with the car.
My mechanic has run scans on it several times and the same codes keep coming up even after they are cleared and reset. I'm at my wits end. If any one can help please advise???
I haave spent $1,600 Aus$ already but am getting no closer to solving the problems. CAN ANY ONE HELP ADVISE ME ON WHERE i GO FROM HERE??
I Had close to the same problem earlier this year the EPC light came on and the engine light and the car symbol, the car would not want to go up hills and wanted to almost stall out. turns out my machanic said the the clamps on the turbos were loose he put new clamps on and the problem stopped.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Have you replaced the throttle body itself? Or the pedal? Checked the wiring connections?
Yes The Throttle body has been changed and re scanned, But the problem has got worse, now it back fires and stalls on starting and the engine light now stays on permanently. I'm at my wits end with it.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nathan Harrison
I Had close to the same problem earlier this year the EPC light came on and the engine light and the car symbol, the car would not want to go up hills and wanted to almost stall out. turns out my machanic said the the clamps on the turbos were loose he put new clamps on and the problem stopped.
Hi Nathan, everything you mentioned above is happening to me too. The only thing is I don't have a turbo it is a petrol 2 litre.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Virg06B7
i experienced that sort of thing and it was throttle body